Wacky quote about not killing DFd people

by rebel8 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

This is one of my fave quotes from the bizarre WT archives. It illustrates how underhanded they are. Although this is an ?older? quote, to my knowledge, it has not been retracted.

At 1 st glance, you will see that the literature is speaking against violence toward DFd people. However, ask yourself why they are even mentioning this in the first place. Conclusion: They?re mentioning this to suggest that people who are DFd deserve to be put to death; only laws and rules restrain JWs from doing so.

Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower pp.703-704

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."?Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

I especially like the quote, "being limited by the laws"....as if the only thing holding them back from killing "apostates" is laws....as if they are all going around with this murderous desire but restrain themselves only because of laws.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

That's really telling, isn't it? They sound like it upsets them that they aren't living in the good ol' days of stoning and earth-swallowing-up.

You think they'd feel better if we explained that we do in fact get "stoned" from time to time on our own?

Prolly not.

Dave

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I especially like the quote, "being limited by the laws"....as if the only thing holding them back from killing "apostates" is laws....as if they are all going around with this murderous desire but restrain themselves only because of laws.

Yeah, they don't want to go to jail where it might be harder to sell magazines.

For a long time I've thought the society is guilty of promoting hate, and this is one evidence of it. Their entire religion is based on the belief that everyone who doesn't share their beliefs deserves to die.

Walter

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Holy shit the author of that article would certainly like to have the restraints taken off so that apostates could be killed. Those horrible apostates! Forget the bullshit prophetic falsehoods that the GB published - what is their excuse? "We never said these things 'In Jehovah's name'" What the f*** is that?!?!!? Are we playing f***king Simon Says here with prophesy? But if you don't believe the current lie (fill in blank such as Generation of 1914) you are an apostate and "while we can't kill you we sure want to"! WELL BRING IT ON!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Sounds like the Taliban.

Nina

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon
    The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

I mean...sorry but....it's just....."even though"...."fleash and blood".....like that gives anyone the right....

WTF.

There's a word for this, honour killing.

I've read and reread this and each time it reads ?if only it wasn't for them damn goody goody laws we'd show them. Oh well lets make their lives as unbearable as we can.?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That quote is a classic. I would not be surprised if whoever wrote it got a whack for it.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Even though I was inactive for a really long time, I still always believed in the "truth". The more I am on this forum, the madder I get at the wts. Can you imagine stoning a family member to death? Thats just sick! So in other words, they want to be murders? But cant because of the laws? I though murderers will not inherit gods kingdom.

• doogie
    doogie
    That quote is a classic. I would not be surprised if whoever wrote it got a whack for it.

maybe they were stoned?

er...i mean...with rocks.

er...i mean...with...umm...forget it.

• JH
    JH

God made men kill children and old persons, in the past....because they didn't listen to him.

Jehovah is a warrior.

History proves that you have to be on his side to live. Like it or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit