It's Proof! Why We Can Trust the FDS (The OD Book Chap 3)

by ezekiel3 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:"If you have God's spirit, you will understand the deeper things of the bible and his organization."

OMG, so now they are claiming to have special 'spirit' powers. They have never gotten anything right but they have the special powers that nobody else can question. So funny.

GBL

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Fantastic New Flash Light there Jez.

What B.S.!

Ha!

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Chap. 1: Jehovah is the true God. We acknowledge this by worshiping the Governing Body.

Chap. 2: Jesus has been granted a unique position in His Father's organization. We show that we respect His divine appointment by allowing the Governing Body (as representing the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class) to usurp that position.

Chap. 3: Following and obeying the F&DS is the only way to gain God's approval; it alone is the "way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through [the Governing Body]." (John 14:6)

(Synopsis of new "Organized" book).

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    there are many reasons to have complete trust in the slave class.....Jesus appointed "them"

Ezekiel, Jesus never said he had a slave "class" the WTS added the word "class" and you know what the Bible says about adding to or taking away from God's word. At Matthew 24:45-47Jesus uses singular words"slave" "his" and "him". read Revelation 1:1, here Jesus calls John his slave and John is to show the slaves what must take place shortly .Verse 19 of chapter 1, John is told to write down the things he saw, the things that are, and also the things that will take place. Verse 11 John is told to write and send it to the 7 congregations. At the beginning of matthew 24:3, Jesus is talking to his disciples and tells them at verse 34 "this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." He was talking to his disciples so they understood Jesus to mean in their life time when he said "this generation." The end for them came in 70CE. I believe John is the "slave" Jesus was talking about, but no one has to agree with me and guess what? I will still speak to them. How long have you been in that cult? At Luke 21:8 Jesus says "many will come on the basis of my name saying "I am the Christ" and "the time draweth near"[ King James version] New World Translation says "The due time time has approached." WTS is always saying" the end "is close.They have also givin many wrong dates for the "end of the world" such as 1914, 1918, 1925 and 1975 .These are only a few of their lies.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

In 2005, the Watchtower publication, Organized to Do Jehovah's Will (OD), gave us this powerful reason for trusting the “Faithful and Discreet Slave” (FDS):

WHY TRUST "THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE"

There are many reasons to have complete trust in the slave class. First and foremost, Jesus has appointed them over all his precious "belongings." This is a clear indication that he has complete trust in them. - OD, p. 18 – [Italics in original]

That sounds really good, doesn’t it? Confidence inspiring, isn’t it? Or at least it was for the last 7 years or so.

Unfortunately, the recent "New Light" about the identity of this Faithful Slave has revealed a problem with this reason for trusting them. What is that? Consider this point from the July 15, 2013 Watchtower Study Edition:

WHEN DOES JESUS ARRIVE, OR COME?

A further consideration of Jesus’ prophecy indicates that an adjustment in our understanding of the timing of certain aspects of Jesus’ prophecy is needed. … So it is reasonable to conclude that Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings, mentioned at Matthew 24:46, 47, also applies to his future coming, during the great tribulation. 1 - Watchtower, July 15, 2013, p. 8, paragraphs 17 & 18 – [Italics in original]

And so, the primary reason that we were given in 2005 for having "complete trust" in the Faithful and Discreet Slave was taken away from us in 2012. The reason for that trust was based on an event that has not yet happened! When we shine this "New Light" on the "Old Light" we find the most important reason we were ever given for trusting the FDS doesn't exist, at least not yet, not now in the present. I guess we'll just have to wait until the Great Tribulation and see if Jesus actually does appoint them over his belongings to know if we can really trust them or not.

In the meantime, I think I'm going to proceed with caution and a healthy dose of skepticism.

Of course, many active JWs are only just now learning about this “New Light” and some probably won’t learn about it until it is considered in the WT Study in the congregations in the first week of September.

By the way, have you noticed that every time the WT publishes an "adjustment in our understanding" attempting to solve one problem with doctrine it usually ends up creating more problems? Why do you suppose that is? What does this mean?

1 - See also the Annual Meeting Report, November 9, 2012. Under the subheading, When Does Jesus Appoint the Slave “Over All His Belongings”?, we read: “Jesus’ appointment of the “slave” over his “belongings,” then, must also be a future event. He will make that appointment during the great tribulation.” <http://www.jw.org/en/news/events-activities/annual-meeting-report-2012/>

• sir82
    sir82
    And so, the primary reason that we were given in 2005 for having "complete trust" in the Faithful and Discreet Slave has been taken away from us in 2012. The reason for that trust was based on an event that has not yet happened!

Awesome catch!

Woops!

A cynical person would say, this "new light" will prompt most if not all JW books to be rewritten, thus leading to a spike in contributions as JWs have to pick up their new editions of these books (and are guilted into contributing for them).

But of of course, I am far from cynical!

• sd-7
    sd-7

First and foremost, Jesus has appointed them over all his precious "belongings." This is a clear indication that he has complete trust in them.

...But since this hasn't happened yet, this is a clear indication that Jesus does not have complete trust in them. And Jesus is a really, really nice guy, so if he doesn't completely trust them, why should we?

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit