It's Proof! Why We Can Trust the FDS (The OD Book Chap 3)

by ezekiel3 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Flash
    Flash

WHY TRUST "THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE"

Can you imagine Jesus constantly reminding everyone He talked to that He was the Messiah??

"...by the way, I am the Messiah, better listen, better submit! ...Did I mention that I am the Messiah?"

No, that was not His way at all. Jesus was modest and humble and let people come to that conclusion on their own!

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    I can't believe they continue to say these things... (shaking head in disbelief)

I can't believe JW's still believe that crap! (shaking head and blowing air trough nose in exasperation)

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

... and rolling eyes very hard!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Second, God's Word admonishes Christians to cooperate fully with those taking the lead.

So any idiot that "takes the lead" is someone we're supposed to be submissive to? I'm more inclined to agree with Douglas Adams that said, 'Anyone with the drive to become a leader should in no way be allowed to become one. The qualities necessary to become a leader and to actually BE one are mutually exclusive.'

Dave

• Shania
    Shania

They are SELF-APPOINTED!!!!!!!!!! And because they say they are we are to honor and obey without question................................they are nothing more that what the Pharisees were in Jesus day, just like Jesus had nothing to do with them then, he has nothing to do with these self-appointed men today......................as we can see by their unchristlike behavior toward Jesus sheep.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Sad that most witnesses will read that and not even question it.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I find it so hard to believe now in retrospect that I bought this kind of circular reasoning for so long. Just insane. Interestingly enough they arent mentioning much about their alleged appointment via BS chronology these days.

GBL

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    They are SELF-APPOINTED!!!!!!!!!! And because they say they are we are to honor and obey without question

LOL... sounds like my ex-"husbandly owner".... hahahaha....what a maroon....(my apologies to Bugs Bunny)

J

• Jez
    Jez

Can you imagine Jesus constantly reminding everyone He talked to that He was the Messiah??

"...by the way, I am the Messiah, better listen, better submit! ...Did I mention that I am the Messiah?"

No, that was not His way at all. Jesus was modest and humble and let people come to that conclusion on their own!

Fantastic thought Flash.

This thread reminds me of a comment I just read in the WT from Sunday. Something like, "If you have God's spirit, you will understand the deeper things of the bible and his organization." SO if I don't understand, I disagree, it is ME that does not have God's spirit. It is never ever THEM. The teaching is never wrong, it is our understanding of it or the lack of God's spirit on us.

BS!

Jez

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Jez has her bullshit detector set on high! Get out the hipwaders and shovels I always said, as shit rolls downhill and the rank and file are definitely at the bottom of the hill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit