Commenting

by DocHayes 27 Replies latest jw friends

• DocHayes
    DocHayes

What type of commenter where you?

Where you the one who answered the question word, for word from the paragraph?

Where you the little kiss @$$ who would more or less read the answer verbatum, but would also tie in a scripture?

Where you the one who would talk about something else not even mentioned in the article?

Where you the one who always tied in some personal experience that may or maynot even be remotely close to the subject matter?

Where you the one who commented on the picture?

Did you plan your comments out ahead of time?

Or did you come up with something two or three paragraphs ahead?

Did you always answer second or third so you could say, "in harmony with Brother or Sister so-and-so's comment"?

• jula71
    jula71

I was a True/False guy on written review week..

Is that wrong?

• Pwned
    Pwned

i just read word for word and thats it, sometimes i would paraphrase a little but. i mean the last time i commented i was like 14 and only so my fam would be happy, i figured at least one comment per meeting would keep them off my back.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Where you the one who would talk about something else not even mentioned in the article?

Hey Doc, my dad would do this all the time, only towards the end (while he was secretly reseraching the WTBTS) he would quote other WTS publications but usually scripture, that would show (if you were paying attention) that the study materials were out of context, or just plain wrong.

It became very uncomfortable sitting beside dad at the meetings.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I always wanted to give scriptual support. Not only would I read a scripture, but compare a scrip. from the center of the NWT

• lilbit
    lilbit

I avoided answering if at all possible. And if I did I normally just read out of the paragraph

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i was the one who waited till everyone else answered and then contradicted them and the conductor because they missed the point and didnt have the first damn clue....i was a prat..but i was still right........................................and lovable with it

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I was a one word answer kind of guy. My mom used to yell at me if I didn't comment at least once at every meeting. So I did, my favorite was "What is God's name?" Cake walk baby!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    I was a one word answer kind of guy.

LOL. Those were the easy ones, especially as a kid.

Raises hand. Answers "Jehovah",

Raises hand. Answers "Jesus"

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I rarely commented and the elders were constantly on my ass about it. And the more they got on my ass the less inclined I was to comment. Then whe I did comment several retards would pounce on me after the meeting with their "Nice to hear you comment" crap. Then I'd refrain from commenting for another year or so.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit