I've avoided the elders so far...but could this all change on SATURDAY?

by logansrun 41 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

About those martini's.....

Get a designated driver....

How about elder ... Ara Gant?

Hubert

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Just hang otu with the kids. Their conversation will probably be more interesting anyways!

W.

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    Ugh, I can't imagine attending a JW gathering, to be honest. If it were me, I'd probably just say goodbye the day after the going away party or something. Good luck!

Since I'm the non-JW in my marriage, I can only say it sounds about like you guys know exactly what the limits of what an elder can do at a party would be, but I'm also wondering if Logansrun has a lot potentially at stake if he gets more notice and possibly asked to come before a committee or something (Awesome moniker BTW! Now we need Zardoz and Soylent Green lol~!).

Just from my understanding, if there'd be a lot to lose by getting DF'd, I might avoid the situation, myself, but if it's not like you feel your entire family will reject you all the way, then maybe it'd seem more worth going... either way, best wishes, and hope you have fun if you go~!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I have a feeling it's going to be a four martini night

I love martini's but dont drink them too often, they put me in my place. (on the floor)

• onacruse
    onacruse

Brad, what most matters to me is that you are my friend; such is the the luck of a discussion board, that I would meet the likes of you! LOL

Good luck with your essay! I have no doubt that you will do well, well indeed.

Craigster (of the "phone-call" class)

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Brad, I would definitely go. They'll be on your turf, so to speak. So I wouldn't worry about it. Half of them are probably jealous of you anyway.

Odrade, a lot of what you said about your dad brought back some memories (shudder). Except I remember a time once when the reader for the WT didn't show up so they asked me to do it, and my dad happened to be visiting my cong. Well a few minutes later they came back and said I couldn't do it 'cause I was wearing a sport coat and tie with slacks, not a suit. LOL my dad was so pissed. So at least he had a little balance.

When I faded, the elders came after me three years later. I didn't care about being DF'd. They told me my family would have to stop talking to me and I laughed at them 'cause I knew that wouldn't happen. Stupid elders. I could go on and on but I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll just say have a good time. :)

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin
    An ex-JW friend of mine recently informed me a very prominant pioneer-Super Dub daughter of an elder gave him a BJ after field service in their car one day (or night, hopefull night!).

Now that is the kind of "service" that would have kept me in.

HCM

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

BRAD!!! Nice to see your face back here! I was JUST thinking of you the other day! Well, I have NO doubt that whatever situation that comes your way, you will handle it with the aplomb you always do............

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I also was faded for four years. It was a conversation with a JW that renewed the elder's interest in my case. Family members turned on me. Do not think that anything different will happen in your case. By your being present you are compelling the elders to take action as you are showing yourself to be a threat by associating with the congregation. You are an adult and you aren't asking for advice but man, if you can live with the way things are don't stir the pot.

• Purza
    Purza
    I have a feeling it's going to be a four martini night when I come home Saturday.

Have them BEFORE you go and it will be fine.

Seriously -- good luck to you and I hope it is not as stressful as you anticipate.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit