I've avoided the elders so far...but could this all change on SATURDAY?

by logansrun 41 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Hello again,

Well, it has been almost three years since I silently and dramatically vanished from the world of the Watchtower. Moving an hour away from my congregation's territory and not answering phone calls was all I needed to avoid having to wear the letter "A" on my chest. But, that could all change this Saturday. How exciting!

As I mentioned a couple months ago, my sister and her husband have been accepted to Gilead. This Saturday they are throwing a goodbye party at their house for family...and a few friends, one of whom is the Presiding Overseer of the last congregation I was at. I wonder if he will suggest a little "visit"?

Okay, so is it just me or is it downright STRANGE that I, a person who has admitted to reading Ray Franz, repudiated the Bible and has joined the "camp of the godless evolutionists" (that's a quote from a WT...hahaha!) have been invited to a Gilead going-away-party? I have a feeling it's going to be a four martini night when I come home Saturday.

Did I mention that some Witnesses I've run into have shunned me? Word on the street is I am "not of their sort" since I "went out from them" because, well, if I was "of their sort" I would have "remained with" them. (1 John 2:19) Let's anylyze that:

I am not of their sort

because

I went out from them

because

if I was of their sort

I wouldn't have left.

Sure, that's not circular logic!

Bradley

• Mary
    Mary
    is it downright STRANGE that I, a person who has admitted to reading Ray Franz, repudiated the Bible and has joined the "camp of the godless evolutionists" (that's a quote from a WT...hahaha!) have been invited to a Gilead going-away-party?

Not really. It just shows how desperate they are for Return Visits.

Seriously though, who invited you to the party? Does your sister have anything to do with you even though she knows you're the Spaw of Satan now?? If not, I would be very suspicious of the invite......I can just see the elders in attendance trying to make small talk with you and casually asking "so where're you living now?" That way, they can send out some spies to see what you're up to..........are you going to attend?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Good luck LogansRun. If I were your sister or her husband I would have invited you to show you how friendly and nice everyone is and that no one whose faith has waned should be written off. We've had several articles/advice lately that encourage us to be kind to those whose faith has grown cold but they haven't taken a stand against the truth. Perhaps they are trying to win you back. Hey, free booze and repressed witness women, sounds like a good mix.

On second thought I'll repeat my first thought. Good Luck!

Wow!! Gilead!! You have to be a super-dub to get in.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Mary,

My sister invited me. She asked me to help out by watching some of the kids that will be there. Is that to keep me away from the elders or something? Who knows.

Yes, I'm going. Freedom.

B.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Listener,

Wow!! Gilead!! You have to be a super-dub to get in.

My sister and her husband are exactly that. Especially my brother-in-law. He's even put a fence around the fences the JWs have put up around the Bible. For instance, he doesn't see PG-13 movies and once -- no, I'm not kidding about this -- suggested to me only to wear white shirts on the platform. He's an oddball. A kind-hearted, obsessive-compulsive oddball, but an oddball nonetheless.

I only wish there were some sexually-repressed Witness girls there. That would be nice. Which reminds me...

An ex-JW friend of mine recently informed me a very prominant pioneer-Super Dub daughter of an elder gave him a BJ after field service in their car one day (or night, hopefull night!). I was shocked for about a minute, but then the shock subsided. Nothing shocks me anymore about JWs, especially the young "good" JWs. The more I hear the more I come to the realization that I was an ABNORMAL Witness youth. I really believed it and lived it sincerely**

Bradley

**except for a "secret sin" that I was dealing with. It's a secret, though, so I can't tell you or anyone about it. I'm sure you all won't be able to figure it out.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

one day they will say of me that i went out from them because i was not of their sort......back stabbing,manipulative,unloving,unmerciful,unforgiving,prejudiced,biaised,unyeilding,lying, hypocritical..etc etc etc

you better believe i wasnt of that sort

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Maybe after the new OD book - Little Johnny will try to paint you into a corner. Stick and move brother! P.S. - PM me with details - who's the BJ girl?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Woooohoooo! Bad Bradly is back!

I am not of their sort

because

I went out from them

because

if I was of their sort

I wouldn't have left.

Sure, that's not circular logic!

Bradley

Humpt! With reasonings like that Bradley I'm sure you won't let the B'org event assimilate you!

You know you are going to have to do a follow up post after the big event and give us every little detail of who said what to whom, who did what to whom and of course all the little digs you got in and to whom! I for one will be super-glued to my computer waiting for the follow-up post!

Cheers Bradley! Make it a five martini and let it rip...............get it over with and join the rest of us Apostates!

Hugs!

Kate

• logansrun
    logansrun

Kate,

Nice to see that handle on my computer screen again. Hope you and Craig are doing well.

B.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Go and enjoy the party. ... Just don't let any elder ask more than he should.

I wish I could share one of those martinis with you

Bartender !! ... ""Sapphire on the Rocks""

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit