The Most Unkind Cut From An Elder/ MS..

by Englishman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• zman
    zman

Well mine was not what was said or done to me but what I did to another as a MS. Some of my best friends father was disfellowshiped, he had been the greatest guy in the world to me. He had a pool and a pool table so the congragation kids would have somewhere to hang out at. He also would take us out on his boat, just a real friendly good person. He was the type to meet you with a handshake and pull you into a hug! Well he had got in some trouble and was dfed, then I saw him at the bank he came and got in line right behind me. Being just appointed a MS I was as pompous and arrogant as they come. I turned to him looked him up and down slowly raised my nose and turned my head in disgust with out a word. As I walked to the counter I realize he left the bank, at the time I felt justified and rightious. Now having been dfed I realize the horrible action I took. I was never able to apoligize to him, he was re about the same time I was dfed. So if you ever read this Don Iam very sorry I had no right to treat someone as nice as you like that.

• Odrade
    Odrade

zman, send him a card and tell him what you told us. btw, I know what you mean.

• lilbit
    lilbit

When I was disfellowshipped...The elder told me that they would not be ending the JC meeting with a prayer....and that there was no need for me to pray any longer, because Jehovah would not be listening to my prayers.

I remember them saying the same thing at mine.. how LOVING

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Very intersting stories.I have to agree that they are united worldwide.In our hall they used to get off putting people down,especially the "weak" ones.One elder stood on the platform and said if we go to the meetings and don't comment,we're just keeping a seat warm,we might as well stay home.So I did.When the CO came to encourage us I told him about this.He was all stunned and I've never heard crap like that the few times I've been since.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    Let's see, at 12 years of age an MS told me after having babysat his kids "I know what kind of family you're from and I'm not paying you a cent." I guess poor in his book meant unworthy of paying. I've let a lot of things go in my life but I'm telling you right now if I ever see that son of a bitch he's gonna get beat down by a girl.

Bastard! I'll help you! JWs don't judge people solely on their actions, but on what kind of people they are around and what kind of family they are from. I don't think God agrees with that kind of stupidity.

And, Englishman, that guy was an ass too!

• FairMind
    FairMind

After working in field service with the CO and being told,?If they?re not using you they should be?, we met back at the KH and he went to lunch with the PO (my worst enemy then and now). When they got back from lunch the CO told me, ?some people should just go ahead and shoot themselves?.

Most of the 'body' just don't speak to me anymore

They don't speak to me either because they know that as a group, I have no use for them.

FairMind

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

fairmind...it was my experience that c.o.s just agreed with everyone

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

The two I can think of weren't elders but their wives. Both were after my Mom died.

The first...my Mom lived 5 hours away from me and I worked full time. For the last few months of her life, I travelled to see her every other weekend, missing weekend service and meetings. In addition, the KH was in the middle of renovations so instead of a Thursday night school and service meeting, it was moved to Friday, which I missed because of the visits (I did go to other congregations' meetings as I could, but everyone didn't know about it...my bookstudy conductor and his assistant - both elders - did). However, everyone in my KH knew Mom was in her final stages. After she died and I made it to a meeting, this elder's wife approached me deliberately and asked me if I was in the congregation. Surprised, I said yes. She said "Well, we never see you." I responded that I'd been out of town visiting my Mom who passed away. She said "Yes, I heard about that." and walked away without another word.

The second...after feeling the love from comments like that, combined with the horrific social anxiety I was experiencing, I was having trouble getting to meetings. I -finally- made it to two meetings in a row (Sunday and Thursday). At both, the topic was death. The public talk, the Watchtower both were over 50% about it. The Thursday night school was about the Reasoning Book topics...death. After the school I was overloaded. I was almost hysterical feeling that the comfort and balm I should be feeling there was like salt in the wound. I didn't want to think about death or dying, I wanted something to distract me. I left midway through the two meetings (which was actually a fairly common occurrance in that hall). An elder's wife followed me out of the hall and physically restrained me from leaving...to tell me that no one would help me if I didn't come to meetings, and that included Jehovah.

Talk about kicking someone when they're down...

• minimus
    minimus

EMan---you musta been a bad boy!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit