The Most Unkind Cut From An Elder/ MS..

by Englishman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• TheOneBuck
    TheOneBuck

Hun, I would go straight Ghankis Kahn (spellig is wrong) on that dude if he ever said that. Wow I am so impressed with the restraint you people have this is great. Note to self work on this... I am clearly lacking....:-)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i was suicidal cos of how i was being treated and i went to the commitee and the chairman...tony boyland..temp c.o.......said to me(i can still hear him say it)....'well other people seem to manage'.......then ignored me for best part of a year before reluctantly reinstating me and has never spoken to me since....

at elders meetings we were told that wrongdoers may not remember what judicial commitees say to them at the time.but they will remember how they were treated

tijkmo of the i will never forget class

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

What the hell, I'll throw one of mine in. An elder once said: "Jehovah is far too busy to worry about your petty little problems."

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

In case any lurkers are wondering, Englishman's experience is by no means local - it happens downunder too! Truly it's a united organisation!!

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

Well, wife of friend of mine is studying with JWs but isn?t attending meetings regularly. She got pregnant and when the time to deliver the baby came doctors discovered she had some serious condition that may require blood transfusion, and needed to rest for the reminder of pregnancy. Being a almost a JW she wanted to abide by regulation. The funny thing was elders demanded her to come to the meeting to sign those blood papers. Of course husband didn?t let her go ?cause she could start bleeding any moment. And those bastards refused to come to her, in fact no one even checked on her for about 2 weeks after baby was delivered.
    Afterward, some of them made comments that it was her husband who was endangering her life by not letting her go to the meeting. He took them by the shoulders and kicked then out of the house.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I was out in service with the CO, a real ass by anyone's definition.
    He asked me how long I had been a witness; how long an MS.
    I told him.
    He asked me if I was keeping my hours down intentionally to avoid becoming an elder; I said no.

He then said: IF YOU ARE, YOU ARE WASHED UP RIGHT NOW!!

This same CO took lots of green handshakes, and got three local elders booted (it took 2 special committees to find a reason, he finally told the 2nd committee it was time for a change!) to cover up an incredibly inflammatory comment he made about a sister in the hall.

He threatened an elder with lifelong problems if he pursued that incriminating statement, and followed through.

He told me to disregard what the DO said on a matter, saying that the DO had not been in good health and should be ignored.

He said in a meeting for service that just because a husband slaps up his wife a little, it does not mean she should go running to the elders.

He took an entire Saturday morning meeting for service to warn us of the dangers of sex with strangers, saying that condoms only protect "down to .5 microns, and the sperm of some men, especially latino men, is .2 microns".

When discussing what would happen to the unbaptized who "knew enough to be baptized" at the big A, he drew a line across his throat.

I could go on for hours. I DON'T MISS YOU ONE BIT, JACK.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    saying that condoms only protect "down to .5 microns, and the sperm of some men, especially latino men, is .2 microns".

That DO had no idea what he was talking about. The odds of a sperm passing through a condom wall are extremely small. Also, race has no effect on the size of sperm.

(This image clearly shows that sperm are 2.5 to 3.5 microns across not .5 microns.)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    He said in a meeting for service that just because a husband slaps up his wife a little, it does not mean she should go running to the elders.

It's "people" like him who helped my own ex get away with his abuse for 15 years... Anyone who has this attitude regarding spousal abuse should be hung by their privates and be dipped repeatedly in hot oil...

J

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

100 thousand sperm...and he was the fastest...tijkmo

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

An elder and his wife invited my friend and I over to their house under the false pretense that we would have dinner and play ping pong in their basement.

After dinner, when the ping pong fun was beginning...their true agenda was revealed. They invited us over for an inquisition about being seen around town with worldly? people. They really gave us the third degree. Then, when we denied everything...they told our parents anyway! What was the point of the whole charade? I still don't get it.

I just wanted to play ping pong. What a rip.

The whole debacle was just so unkind and unloving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit