The Great Crowd

by JAVA 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

Big Dog,

There was a time when that inscription on Lady Liberty was true. It's a different world today when we put folks in interment camps for months if they don't have papers, and ship them back to the place they were fleeying.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Java, I hear you. I was thinking that this place is sort of like that for the people leaving the organization. A place where they can find refuge.

• larc
    larc

JAVA,

Yes, I remember those days very well. It seems like yesterday. I remember that we met at the local restaurant on Sunday, after you got off work, and we drank coffee for several hours, and we talked for a long time. As you know, we did that for many Sundays.

I also remember when you got a divorce and you fell in love with another woman. I was there at your wedding at the Unitarian Church of Far Hills Av.

I remember going to a xJw conference in Orlando. I told Ros, about our experiences, and she got tears in her eyes.

Just relating this is making me emotional, so I have sign off now.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Big Dog -- You're so right! This forum is very much like the inscription on Lady Liberty. That's a good analogy. Maybe we can talk Simon into adding it to the intro for the Jehovahs-Witness Discussion forum. :-)

larc -- Your reply gets me thinking about the so-called friends we had as JWs, and where are they now? True and lasting friendship goes beyond religious and political beliefs, and time does little to wear it away. I'll always remember those hours we spent together when you shared ideas books, and copied material with me. You were also there when I when through some low valleys, and climbed a few mountains.

The Witnesses do not know that kind of friendship--how sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit