The Great Crowd

by JAVA 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

When I see how many hits various topics receive compared to the number of posts, it?s obvious to me how many benefit from this forum. I know most of us skip around from topic to topic before posting, but I think there is a large number of lurkers that read but are not registered members. Sometimes it?s easy for me to forget about, dare I say, the Great Crowd. But when I click on a topic and only see a few posting, but 100 or more hits, I?m grateful for the Internet, and especially the service of this forum. It's impossible to say how many have been helped by honest information about our Watchtower experience. Thanks Simon, and his many helpers?you?ve done good!

• Valis
    Valis
    Thanks Simon, and his many helpers?you?ve done good!

this is last year's group picture...

• Brummie
    Brummie

My left white eyebrow looks a little crooked in that pic...you coulda told me

Brummie

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

so who started this board and where are you? I'm so grateful.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I have to agree this board has been a great help.It's interesting to read all the different toughts pouring out on here,I just wish the internet had been available sooner,I might not have gotten involved with the WTS.

• larc
    larc

JAVA,

I want to thank for your efforts to bring down this religion.

I have a friend at Wright State (I think you know where that is.) He said to me one day, "how can we destroy this religion?' I said, don't worry about it, lots of people are getting the job done.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

There is only one Willy Wonka. Grrrrrrrr!!!!

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose
    My left white eyebrow looks a little crooked in that pic...you coulda told me

But what kind of fun would we be having at your expense if we did? Sheesh.

• JAVA
    JAVA

larc,

That Wright State University experience must have been about 18 years ago. I can't believe 18 years have passed since you gave me copies of various things that exposed the Tower. Remember all the cups of coffee we drank? That was before the days of the Internet, and we shared with different folks by making copies and sending suff through the mail.

Do you remember the spoof magazine I put out called, Awaken! ? A few folks actually tracked me down in order to subscribe. Those were the days, my friend. . .

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

HeyJava, the Great Crowd makes me think of the the inscription on the statue of liberty:

Give me your tired, your poor,Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

I kind of think of this forum that way, a place for those people battered and bruised by the WBTS to find some refuge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit