a card came yesterday...

by bavman 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I'm sorry you're going through this bavman.

I thought for awhile as to how to respond and finally today sent a simple e-mail back saying I regarded their' card as spiritual and emotional abuse. That my family left me and I have no family. Please stop harrassing me and leave me in peace.

But this was perfect! They probably, truly, have never seen it from this perspective before; so I think it's good you've let them know how their words and actions affect you. They just may think!

Best wishes to you and them.

• bavman
    bavman

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU! to everyone for your relentless support. It's incredibly encourging. I feel like I have the strength of many more men because of your' ongoing support!

bav

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

So sorry Bavman!

((((((Bavman)))))) for you.

Dragonlady76

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

We love you, Bav!

My parents are the same way...."come back to Jehovah and we'll be a family again" ...blah blah blah.

But when you say you have no family, just remember you do have a family that loves you for you! US! And we won't make you go to no steeeenkin' meetings! So try not to be too sad. I know how much it sucks, though.

Hugs,

Tracy

• mouthy
    mouthy

Bev I love you too! BUT!!!! you might know I am going to disagree with all my wonderful friends on here.

Why NOT send a card ...saying it really angered you.But you love them & they dont have to believe what you believe because you love them UNcondiitionally.

I am just thinking how I badgered folks to get back in the ARK,,,,,before I was D/F. But NOW I know "Love Never Fails" give a bit of the REAL stuff. forgivness & LOVE ((((((HUGS))))

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Bav,

That is Emotional Blackmail on your parents part. Your repsonse, IMO, was appropriate.

They, as many JW's, would benefit from a reread of the Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, free of the WTS filters.

Unconditional Love is quite simple, free of any conditions.

Is that so hard to understand?

***Trying to remember the list of conditions and the timeframe that the Prodigal Son had to abide by to receive his father's love***

• bavman
    bavman

I think your' comments have merit Mouthy and believe me I thought about doing just that but, the truth is, I already have done that in the past. Also, I have known my parents my whole life and know very well where they stand on this issue. I don't believe they will ever change. They have shunned their own father, brothers, sisters, and now son and daughter. Some for over 20 years. I felt the only thing I could do was protect myself.

I thought about telling my folks about all the family I have here at JWD but somehow I didn't think they would understand. But I know you are! Thanks again!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Bavman((((HUG)) I didnt know you had contacted them before with love Sorry!!! But you know me!!! I was trained by the Watchtower DAH!!!!!

I think you did right since you had been in touch before -----Love ya! as the Granny on board

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Hey Chess Monger: So sorry to here about your parents Its just amazing that a son they brought in the world they can dump off whenver they feel like it. Sounds like emotional blackmail to me.

If the WTBTS does anything for df'd-da'd people, it would definately be teaching them how NOT to raise their kids. And they wonder why their stats are declining.....They are the ones that are losing out on a great person- And one day when all these parents that reject their kids are all alone, they won't need to ask why.

(hugs) to you -ready for a rematch?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit