a card came yesterday...

by bavman 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• bavman
    bavman

....from my mom. I hadn't heard from my parents since last summer after 2 fiery letters and me da'ing myself. They even mentioned to my df'd sis how I "went apostate". Therefore I was shocked to see a card there in my box from my parents with my mom's handwriting on it. It was a letter expalining they loved me and wanted me back in the family but of course there were strings. I must first humble myself and repent truly and Jehovah would be a merciful and forgiving God. I thought for awhile as to how to respond and finally today sent a simple e-mail back saying I regarded their' card as spiritual and emotional abuse. That my family left me and I have no family. Please stop harrassing me and leave me in peace. We will see what happens.

bav

• jaredg
    jaredg

damn that's pretty harsh

• Valis
    Valis

sorry for that bav...frustrating huh? ....BTW dude you should have sent that message back in a Halmark card..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Hopefully they'll change their minds and break free from the WT.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((bavman))))) I know that hurt. What is so incredibly HARD about unconditional love? An acceptance of who you are? An acceptance of the fact that you're adult and capable of making your own choices?

However, people change, so maybe there's hope for them.

Hugs,

Nina

• Dustin
    Dustin

Sorry to hear they are being so uncool about everything. My parents have been pretty decent about it. It sucks when people (especially family) have to be such pricks about it. It's your choice how you want to respond to them. If it makes you more at peace just letting them go, then that's what you should do. Sometimes it's just better off to not fight some battles.

Dustin

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

(((((((((((((((Bav)))))))))))))))))))

I am so sorry!

Brooke

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    They even mentioned to my df'd sis how I "went apostate".

Funny how that works, eh? The watchtower is guilty of lies, hypocrisy, abuse, and false prophecies, and this is provable, but they think it's ok. But when someone points that out they say he "went apostate".

I must first humble myself and repent truly and Jehovah would be a merciful and forgiving God.

The watchtower is guilty of lies, protecting child abusers, hypocrisy, abuse, and false prophecies, but YOU are the one who must repent?

Walter

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

(((((bavman)))))

Sorry to hear this. Honestly, any communication I get from my parents gets put through the shredder unopened. Why should I allow them to continue to abuse me? I've moved on for the most part, and it's just not right to have their only communication be a written beating.

It's tough though. Even just seeing an envelope makes me mad anymore.

Take care,

Jeannie

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I must first humble myself and repent truly and Jehovah would be a merciful and forgiving God.

Now we know that what they truly meant was that perhaps their true God the WT whore-ganization would be loving and merciful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit