a card came yesterday...

by bavman 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover
    It was a letter expalining they loved me and wanted me back in the family but of course there were strings. I must first humble myself and repent truly and Jehovah would be a merciful and forgiving God. I thought for awhile as to how to respond and finally today sent a simple e-mail back saying I regarded their' card as spiritual and emotional abuse. That my family left me and I have no family. Please stop harrassing me and leave me in peace. We will see what happens.

You saw their attempt at getting you to come back for what it really was....emotional blackmail. "we love you....but..." "you can be our son....but..."

Calling their bluff must have been a very hard thing to do but unfortunately the only thing you can do if you don't want to be blackmailed into being accepted again.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I'm so sorry...I remember getting letters like that. When I left Arizona to move back up here in Chicago, my dad said to me, the door is always open if I ever decide to come back in the truth (yeah, I like that 'if') so I simply responded.....'well, my door is always open to you, if you so choose to come in'.....they didn't know how to respond. I don't think they realize that they are making the choice to cut themselves off from us.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm sorry Bav! That is abuse! I know my mom had sent me a letter not long ago and I didn't even read it all.. I didn't even reply to the letter at all. And now I have moved so they have no way to contact me.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I'ts possible that they truly miss and want to see you again but the watchtower mentality is still too strong for them to let go of their pride and admit how stupid they were to put the cult ahead of their child.

If you really love your parents and miss them don't completely write them off,there's always hope.Just prove to them you're not a complete freak loser apostate(jw mentality here).It's the best thing you can do to show them you're still normal and happy and you don't need the WTS.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Darn, that was a hard hitting card bav, glad you mentioned spiritual abuse to them, cus that is what it is. Thumbs up to you.

Take care

Brummie

• kls
    kls

Sorry Bav that your parents cannot accept you for having your own mind.

• xjwms
    xjwms

So sorry to find out about more ... hurt.

I agree with Nina ... What is so hard about unconditional love??

Since I have the mind set for unconditional love in my life, Life is better.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

how about sending back your own emotional "biblical" blackmail.... quote the bible...

Romans 8:38-49

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I have let it be known to Witnesses that if they shun me, it's their own personal choice and it'll be for life. They can start it but I decide when it ends . . . and it ends when I die. That seems pretty straightforward to me.

I don't want their sorry asses in my life.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I am sorry to hear this. Hang in there. They will come around.

This religion is UGLY and does UGLY things to people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit