Ex-JW Author Inks Two Book Publishing Deal

by jesussaves 21 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

Many congrats on your new book

• Celia
    Celia

Oh my ! I love that first chapter, I'll be on the lookout for your book, for sure...

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Wow that's awesome! I enjoy your style of writing, even if christian fiction isn't really my thing. Definetly inspiring to see someone of the ex-jw ilk can get published, maybe some more of us will persue this as well. I hope your book does well.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Best Wishes for you Tiff. I read the first chapter, excellant, you put the reader right inside your mind, continued success awaits you.

Blueblades

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Thanks you guys for the Congrats and support! This is a dream come true for me, and proof that my world didn't crumble when I left the JWs. I think folk from my congregation and family were waiting for the heavens to open up and smite me! Hey Valis, thanks for the welcome, but I've been around for awhile :) I haven't posted in months, but I always read the board. Love you guys.

Tiffany

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Congrats, Tiffany. Your writing style is lively and the characters are vivid. I'm not at all surprised that you were able to get it published. I'm having a little bit of trouble seeing Troy from her viewpoint, though. I mean, a 6-year-old can make a peanut-butter sandwich. I used to keep a "snack shelf" for my kids when they were very young, stocked with foods they could manage by themselves, where they could reach it. That way they didn't have to go hungry just because Dad was writing a new song and Mom was working on her novel...But now I'm rambling...

Troy sounds just like my husband, except mine supported the family for 25 years first, and didn't fill the living room with music machines until he'd been making serious money for a while. He's been unemployed for a couple years though, through no particular fault of his own - so he gets to build music all day between bits of housecleaning.

And, you know, I love to kick back in the evening and listen to him play. It means he's in his right mind, so all's well with the world.

gently feral

• rebel8
    rebel8

Congrats Tiff, from an aspiring author who hopes to be published soon!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Of course my family (ALL JWs) are agahst that I write Christian fiction. They don't plan to purchase my book, because of course, that would be supporting 'Christendom'.

Well, of course. Every JW knows that any ex-JW who publishes a book makes billions of dollars off it (like Ray Franz, for example). And since you are publishing Christian fiction, all of those billions will go to support "the churches" TM . You'll probably have a new layer of gold leaf added to the Vatican dome.

Seriously, though, congratulations!

alt

• Bryan
    Bryan

Hey Tiffany,

It wasn't until this morning I was able to take a look at your bio and first chapter. The links for both your name and book title take me to "Rev. "Dr. Renita J. Weems" and the book title "What Matters Most". Is this you or are the links messed up?

Best regards,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Bryan,

It seems that it does happen sporadically when you put my name in the author's block. I have informed the webmaster of that site. In the meantime if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the right you may click on the picture of my book and it takes you to my page! Thanks.

Tiffany

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit