sad topic: my nan is dying.

by GetBusyLiving 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moanzy
    moanzy

So sorry GBL. I hope your mom will find some peace through this. Take care of yourself as your mom will need you even though it will be hard on you also. It is always so sad to lose our gramas.

Hugs,

Moanzy

• melmac
    melmac

So sorry... That`s a terrifying disease. In times like that, even I find that prayer is of great help. It matters not whether we believe the Bible or not... I will pray for you all, even though I'm not a great believer anymore.

Peace to you!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

(((((GetBusyLiving)))))

DY

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hi GBL, sorry to hear your sad news, its always hard to find the right thing to say in such sad times but we are thinking of you. One of my grans died a faithful JW the other died a "catholic". Both of them were totally great and I still miss them. I can empathise with how you feel and send warm thoughts your way.

Take care

Brummie

• Sassy
    Sassy

Sorry to hear about your grandmother GBL. I know its hard losing grandparents.

((((((((GBL)))))))))))

• alw
    alw

GBL

Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time - words just don't express our feelings - hugs!!! alw

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

((( GBL ))) sorry for you

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry to hear your sad news, i only know how i felt when I lost my mother, and that was a time when emotions came home to me for real. But we were both dubs then and it made it easier , having that common ground. There is no doubt that faith is a comfort at times like that.

I feel like I'm lying just to give her some comfort

I can understand what you say, but in that circumstance i am sure I would say the same. Honesty is a luxury that only the unattached can fully enjoy. Right now your mum surely needs comfort, not honesty . Hang on in there

• hubert
    hubert

So sorry to hear about your nan, GBL.

You are so blessed to have a grandmother like her, and will always have fond, loving memories to look back on.

Maybe it will help you to cope by concentrating on helping you're mom through this.

Don't know what else to say. We all go through it, unfortunately.

I hope she is not suffering.

Peace....Hubert

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

GBL,

I feel a hurt much like yours and all I can say is keep on...Go forward and give and accept lots of hugs, tears, and smiles. Let yourself cry on the way. Your Grandma wanted you to enjoy life it seems to me with her late present buying and love she gave you. I also have the problem how to spiritually or (anything religion) comfort someone...but I have figured out that sometimes we don't have to say anything. Just a hug, kiss on the cheek or "I love you mom., " is enough. She will see you care. Moreover she will feel it.

Huggs,

Me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit