Why believe Revelation or Last Days?

by Seeker 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

I said:
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Take your pick on the humongous disasters that we are ont he edge of. Do I have to name them for you?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeker said:
    Blah, blah, blah. Every generation thinks the same thing. Just wait till you see the disastrous possibilities of the 22nd century! Boy, will we be in trouble then!
    None of the JW 'signs' are correct, it's all hooey and as accurate as their usual lack of context allows. Just to put you in the proper frame of mind, the JWs are totally wrong about so much that it is actually funny. The trinity, the immortal soul, hell for the unsaved (No, not Dante's version), end times, signs of the end times, the Rapture, the Great Trib, Armageddon and the list goes on. Randy Watters is one fellow who has said that the general 'protestant teachings' appear to be the closest Biblically. I believe that Jan has made similiar statements though of course from non-belief.
    Did every generation experience the revival of Israel?
    Did every generation have several ways to make us extinct?
    Did every generation have the original provinces of Rome make moves to become a single entity?
    Did every generation have a global economy?
    Did you know that the world is in the midst of a huge Christian revival, thus the persecution from other entities has grown?
    Have you not seen the moves of pagan religions in establishing alliances?
    How far are we from the advent of the anti-Christ and might he be alive even now?
    So many of you ex'dubs have houses in the forests, the drought is on, the match is soon to be lit.... And you don't even have 'fire insurance'! Then you ignore the import of Pascals' wager.
    The world is sharply divided along so many lines that chaos reigns and once the Holy Spirit's overall influence departs, when the Church is gone, the gates of hell will be opened.

The world is going to hell in a handbasket and the attitude of Jim Morrison prevails, "I'm going to get my kicks before this whole shithouse goes up in flames". I can identify with that thought for I was there once upon a time.
    Yep, in between my two careers with the 'dubs I had me some fun. You know what? It doesn't compare to the JOY of serving the Lord, not even close.
    Later,
    Rex

• Anchor
    Anchor

:: Revalation was written in the mid 60's of the 1st Century. It was written in apocolptic language, and was fulfilled with the destruction of Jerusalem.

This is not the case at all, has nothing to do with Jerusalem's demise. Please check any standard textbook. The Revelation was completed A.D. 96-102, depending on which one you pick. A very different set of circumstances obtained AFTER the destruction of Jerusalem.

Anchor

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I have read that in any 'standard textbook', but that's old news. There have been recent dicoveriest that put the dating of the book of Rev. much earlier. The most recent dating due to new technology is that it was written PRIOR to 70CE.

Some books you might enjoy reading are "before Jerusalem Fell' the dating of the book of Revelation, by Kenneth Gentry (and all of his books) and Edward Stevens "What happend in AD 70"

Ven

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong, is to let him have his own way."---Josh Billings

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Did every generation experience the revival of Israel?
    Did every generation have several ways to make us extinct?
    Did every generation have the original provinces of Rome make moves to become a single entity?
    Did every generation have a global economy?

What does that have to do with anything? Whatever occurs in a person's lifetime, something in the Bible gets found to have 'predicted' it.

Besides, Israel was revived in the 1940s, several generations ago. You're too late, even as JWs are too late.

Did you know that the world is in the midst of a huge Christian revival, thus the persecution from other entities has grown?

ROFL! Get your blinders off! Most of the world has barely heard of Christianity. Within the Christian nations, of course, it is growing, but that's because population is growing, combined with the shifting around of religious allegiances fomented by the evangelical movements. But outside the Christian world, it's business as usual and Christ has nothing to do with it.

Are these like the moves of Christian religions in establishing alliances? You are in a closed loop, and only see what you want to see. The only time Christians get "persecuted" is when they get too pushy about forcing others to live the way they want to live.

How far are we from the advent of the anti-Christ and might he be alive even now?

No such thing. Fantasy world stuff.

So many of you ex'dubs have houses in the forests, the drought is on, the match is soon to be lit.... And you don't even have 'fire insurance'!

I'll be enjoying my house in the peaceful woods all my life, while you cower in fear of an impending doom that you will never see. Mark my words! You will be on your death bed someday, having never seen any of this come to pass. Mark my words.

Then you ignore the import of Pascals' wager.

Pascal was wrong, as you should have learned from your days at H2O.

The world is sharply divided along so many lines that chaos reigns and once the Holy Spirit's overall influence departs, when the Church is gone, the gates of hell will be opened.

Jeez, man, get a grip!

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

OHHHH and another book you might enjoy reading, I can't think of the author off hand but it's entitled:

"What to Do While Waiting for the Rapture"

Ven

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong, is to let him have his own way."---Josh Billings

• Anchor
    Anchor

<The most recent dating due to new technology is that it was written PRIOR to 70CE.>

I'm sincerely interested in the new TECHNOLOGY you mention, because life-time experts current in this field have not come to this conclusion. One man's opinion is one thing, technology is another.

Gantry is the next step beyond Dispensationalism for Evangelicals, and if his arguments are correct, that leaves LaHaye and company in their current books out on a limb. This would be revolutionary.

My problem is with groups or individuals who get very narrow and exclusive, saying only they have found truth. Gives me the shivvers because of my background with the Watchtower society.

Anchor

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

ohh it is quite revolutionary. I didn't say they have the absolute truth. But they do have findings or whatever you want to call it that are VERY convincing about an earlier date. I don't care who it leaves out on a limb is it's true!

I don't agree with all of Kenneth Gentry's theology, but I do appreicate the research he has done in dating hte book of Rev. I do feel that soon we will see a 'revolution' per say in the Christian relgions. More people are comming out of cults, and are tired of mainstream relgions. I think more discoveries will be made in the near future that will change the face of Christianity for the better. It's about time. I don't agree with religion, it's a 'snare and a racket' the only thing Rutherfraud ever got right.

As my good friend Joel aptly put it, "I don't feel christianity is a relgion it's a realationship."

Ven

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

And nobody called me?! DAMN!

Seriously, there's a saying in the Neopagan community: "Organizing Pagans is like herding cats." From what I've seen, it's true. Pagans tend to be smart, creative and VERY independent people, and we don't recruit. What other people want to believe is their business as long as they don't hurt anyone else.

Assuming that you're talking about Neopagan faiths and not just... well... anything that's not Christian, I don't think there's any danger of Pagans taking over the world. All we really want is for you guys to leave us alone.

*Rochelle, not part of any known global conspiracy.

---------
    http://www.dreamsphere.net/ -- See it, live it, wear it.
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Amazing,
    Quote:
    "the question is when and what he will do and how it will affect those alive at that time. Until then, I believe that the best course for Christians is to simply live a Christian life, stay out of the Prophet business, and leave the rest to God."

I like that.

Jst2laws

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>ROFL! Get your blinders off! Most of the world has barely heard of Christianity. Within the Christian nations, of course, it is growing, but that's because population is growing, combined with the shifting around of religious allegiances fomented by the evangelical movements. But outside the Christian world, it's business as usual and Christ has nothing to do with it.

You can "ROFL" all you want but it won't change a thing. It's growing EVERYWHERE except Canada and Western Europe, country after country and missionaries are coming to America and Europe more than ever.
    This is the last great revival and you are going to be sick of hearing about it before the end of the Church Age.
    "Last days"? We ALL face the "last days" each day that we live.

Isn't it wonderful the way these threads take off when a dispute gets rolling?
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit