Michael Jackson Reinstated How Long

by bigbear 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Can you be reinstated from da'ing yourself?

I was just wondering that same thing the other day.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I have never heard of MJ being either df'd or da'd. He simply vanished from the JW radar screen.

I guess that's how rich people fade.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

~~~Second, I don't ever remember hearing that he even was baptized.

http://www.beliefnet.org/story/56/story_5697_3.html

In this article, MJ says that he pioneered. Logically, one wouldn't qualify for this if he wasn't baptized. He was also constantly pressured by the elders in his KH about his Thriller album and questionable dance movements. He ended up making the choice to persue his career rather than persue trying to please the WTS.

I just posted this on another thread, and I apologize for breaking the rules here, but it fits right into this discussion:

I personally feel that if MJ had been reinstated at some point, that someone would have mentioned it, through a congregation etc. What with the downhill slide since he DAed, it would be highly doubtful that he would have met with the elder's criteria for "displaying repentance and fruits of the spirit" in order to be known as a JW. I also figure that the WTS is cringing at every media announcement connecting MJ as being a JW (again) and that the "world" is collectively rolling their eyes at that same connection to "God's chosen people".

I wonder whatever became of Firpo Carr as being the "media consultant" for MJ? Ole "Rev" Jesse has had enough of his own bad press and would hardly be one to lean on for spiritual encouragement! It just gets more and more bizarre!

Annie

• G Money
    G Money

He went to the Sunday meeting in Solvang. 2 meetings in a row.... what could this mean?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    He went to the Sunday meeting in Solvang. 2 meetings in a row.... what could this mean?

There are no atheists in a foxhole...? rabbit

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I think Michael's movements are noted everywhere. I mean he has a posse just to go to the bathroom...if he's going back to meetings there should be tons of talk about amongst the JW's.

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hello, yes you can be re-instated after da'ing yourself, as I was told this just a few weeks ago when I told the elders I no longer thought of myself as a JW.They said they would always welcome me back, Fat chance !

Cheers, Meaty.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    1. Praying with the Reverend Jesse Jackson would be a disfellowshipping offence in itself - Interfaith don't ya know?

Why? The WTBTS engages in interfaith activities and the organisation is still claiming to be God's channel of communication with mankind.

Liars

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    The WTBTS engages in interfaith activities

Really? Please enlighten us, what do you know?

• bigbear
    bigbear

He may be in reference to the CESNUR rather than the UN connections. Let's stay friendly here, sit back and watch what the Media has to say next.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit