Michael Jackson Reinstated How Long

by bigbear 32 Replies latest jw friends

• bigbear
    bigbear

In the article below Michael Jackson, an accused child molester, publicly states he is a Jehovah's Witness. It's no longer just the word of his friend Jesse Jackson, but his own. Since he was formerly disfellowshipped, this means he has since been reinstated. Question is for since how long?

http://silentlambs.org/newsletter/NewsLetterItem.cfm?SendoutID=370

Other questions arise. Since the reinstatement was not done in a Kingdom Hall it must have been done directly by the headquarters in Brooklyn or their field representatives such as one or more Circuit Overseers or District Overseers. What are the details? Motives such as his donation money?

Since he is being permitted to pray with Jesse Jackson, a non-JW, this would mean he does so under reproof or some other manner of sanction. What are the details? Shouldn't regular JWs know Watchtower exemptions for the famous and wealthy.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Since he was formerly disfellowshipped, this means he has since been reinstated.

Sorry but your reasoning is flawed. Just because he says he is a JW does not make it so. 'B' does not necessarily prove 'A'.

• bigbear
    bigbear

Then Watchtower's Public Relations spokesman should say he is a liar. It appears true that he is a now reinstated JW until they would say different, that he lied. The burden of proof is with WT. Do you think WT will reply though?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

He may or may not be reinstated - I don't know. The burden of proof however most definately rests with Mr Jackson himself as he is the one making the claim. All the same, if he were not officially reinstated I would understand the Watchtower making a speedy denial.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Where are my manners? A sincere welcome to the board bigbear!

• under74
    under74

Man...what are you talking about? Just because the person that wrote the article says MJ is still a JW doesn't make it so. He used to be...but stating he is now has no fact behind it.

You got to come up with more evidence than that one article where he does not state himself that he's a JW.

BTW welcome to the forum.

• bigbear
    bigbear

Thanks. Here is the interesting part. Reverend refers to Jesse Jackson. Yes, how long will WT stay silent.

The reverend told The Associated Press earlier this month that he and Jackson frequently pray together, and he told his audience Sunday that he speaks by phone with the entertainer nearly every day.Jackson said prayer is helping him get through his trial, which resumes Monday."I gain strength from God. I believe in Jehovah God very much," said Jackson, who is a Jehovah's Witness."Probably the low point, the lowest point emotionally, is probably what I'm going through," he replied when asked the lowest point in his life.He said the "I would say that was the pinnacle," he said.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

1. Praying with the Reverend Jesse Jackson would be a disfellowshipping offence in itself - Interfaith don't ya know?

2. Thousands of 'apostates' "believe in Jehovah god very much" but it does not define them as Jehovahs Witnesses.

3. From this report it appears that Jackson has not claimed to be a JW, rather, the reporter defined him as such.

• under74
    under74
    Jackson said prayer is helping him get through his trial, which resumes Monday.

"I gain strength from God. I believe in Jehovah God very much," said Jackson, who is a Jehovah's Witness.

OK, again this is not proof that MJ was reinstated. All this proves is that he calls God "Jehovah" and the reporter/writer of the article thinks he's still a JW.

• bigbear
    bigbear

Then it's now WT's turn to speak up and deny him as a JW, if he's not reinstated as the JW he definitely was for the article is nationwide, even international as I see it's also in Canada.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/27/entertainment/main683333.shtml

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit