An Update: Love your True Self, love people, and love life.

by Winston Smith :>D 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

When I wrote my ?Swan Song? to the board:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/69435/1.ashx

?I promised updates, and at this point in my life, I?d like to share a few.

The most important thing, I am happier than ever. Life is beautiful and people are lovely. The ?World? is a wonderfully kind, gracious and patient teacher. The ?World? is a just a school we call Earth, and we all are learning the lessons that we must, at our own pace, and at our own choosing.

Many of you will remember my quest to rescue my wife from the JW cult. The lessons that my wife and I must learn are different and therefore we are getting a divorce. We love each other very much, and I feel that we love each other enough to allow the other to move on, to move on separately from each other and experience the lessons that we must to grow and heal our Souls. What we learned during our 6 years together will never be forgotten and will be an invaluable experience to look back on as we grow in our understanding of relationships and ourselves.

It was something I feel we both knew was inevitable, but neither if us wanted to admit to. A friend of mine said that,

?It takes a while for the heart to realize what the mind knew long ago.?

Truer words have never been spoken.

Work is still great; I love everyone there. It?s tough and doesn?t pay much, but I still love it.

RE: College and my pursuit of a degree in architecture, it?s going well. I was accepted into UWM ? School of Architecture and took my placement tests this week. I got my ass handed to me on the Math test. I never took Calculus or Trigonometry because I was looking forward to a career as a Regular Pioneer and wasn?t in need of Math skills in such a career choice.

Some good news, I feel that I aced the English comprehension test. A friend joked to me that it was probably due to all of the training I got on the Theocratic Ministry School!

Other items, I paused my Martial Arts training in Aikido because I don?t have enough time to properly devote myself to this discipline to benefit from it, so that must take a back seat for now.

I have been studying more on other religious viewpoints. Areas that I never thought that I would find myself looking into; ideas like Karma, Past Life Regression and Reincarnation; and I am finding myself intrigued by what I am learning. It?s all very nonjudgmental and noncommittal, but wonderfully refreshing.

There is so much I would love to share, but I won?t. It has to be experienced, the best teacher. The real reason we are here.

If I could say just one thing, it would be this:

Love your True Self, love people, and love life.

Love...

...it takes away fear, anger, and jealousy; the Poisons to our True, Higher-Self.

We are never alone and we are never separate from the ones we Love. We can be a thousand miles apart from one that we love, and yet be closer to that one than anyone else that may be sitting with them at that very moment.

All of us are connected; we are all glasses of water drawn from the same ocean. Does the ocean cease becoming water once it is drawn into a fragile vessel of glass?

We have to stop focusing on the illusion of ourselves as fragile vessels and start focusing on the life-giving power that each of us posses and share within ourselves.

The power of Love.

Love never fails.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Interesting update.

Love your True Self

So true. On exiting from the wt, some of us need to find ourselves first. We lost our souls, our true selves in there. After that, your advice is so applicable.

S

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Why can't Jehovah's Witnesses understand this truth ?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm so happy for you!!! Isn't life wonderful? Even the bad stuff contributes to who we are as a person and helps us grow and mature, and gives us the ability to help others with our experience.

Happiness always,

Nina

• Odrade
    Odrade

Thanks for the update, sorry you and your wife have different paths to follow, but I'm happy for you that you both seem to be processing that in a healthy way.

I admit more than a passing curiosity about Karma, Reincarnation and other similar belief systems. Some days I find it fascinating and plausible, other days it's an endless source of internal laughter and poking fun. Either way, it's a good time.

Hope to see you pop in here periodically.

Good luck in your studies.

Odrade

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hello Winston

I just read your post, i have studied the subjects you mentioned over many years and feel exactly the same way as you do.

Great post Winston

qca1

• kls
    kls

Winston i am so sorry about your wife and you, i really had hopes but your life sounds to be going great and i am so happy for you.

You seem to be learning alot on your journeys in life and jw freedom and lifes wisdom.

• pleaseer2001
    pleaseer2001

Hello:

I just wanted to say I agree: life can sometimes make things so complex that we loose sight of what we need. This is a lesson I have recently learned. The ones we love can be so many diffrent things, but that true feeling of being loved is the most valued gift that we could share. I hope all is well and wish you true and balanced love for life!

P2

• Valis
    Valis

Always a pleasure to see you Winston! Take care of yourself and visit us more often!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I have been studying more on other religious viewpoints. Areas that I never thought that I would find myself looking into; ideas like Karma, Past Life Regression and Reincarnation; and I am finding myself intrigued by what I am learning. It?s all very nonjudgmental and noncommittal, but wonderfully refreshing.

I have found my own beliefs in Karma, Dharma, and Reincarnation, to be very freeing from the limited Christian thinking. Part of my This Year's Resolution is to investigate Budhism more.

If I could say just one thing, it would be this:

Love your True Self, love people, and love life.

Sounds like what The Christ was trying to teach us, and it got warped and overlayed with Paul's own dogma.

Winston. Thank you for checking in. I have always enjoyed your posts, and I see that you have found a very good path... especially since it's yours!

Hugs and Love

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit