An Update: Love your True Self, love people, and love life.

by Winston Smith :>D 13 Replies latest jw friends

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Winston! <pinches cheeks, all 4 of them>

Life is quite a journey eh?

You will be fine, divorce sucks, and when your wife knows what she lost, maybe you will still be there.

• bavman
    bavman

Well said my friend, LOVE is all around us...

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Oh and I forgot to say,

Hi Winston!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

On exiting from the wt, some of us need to find ourselves first. We lost our souls, our true selves in there.

Satanus

Yeah, take off that damn "New Personality?" and put our old personality back on

Tigerman, you?ve got a PM

I'm so happy for you!!! Isn't life wonderful? Even the bad stuff contributes to who we are as a person and helps us grow and mature, and gives us the ability to help others with our experience.

Happiness always,

Nina

Thank you sweetheart, yes life is wonderful. Going through the bad stuff, even life as a JW, has helped form who I am today. I wonder at times if I hadn?t gone through life as a JW if I would be as ?understanding? of people or as appreciative of life after having escaped the cult.

Good luck in your studies.

Odrade

Thank you. It is refreshing to be able to explore a belief system that doesn?t judge; that actually encourages a nonjudgmental attitude as necessary for growing and healing.

I just read your post, i have studied the subjects you mentioned over many years and feel exactly the same way as you do.

qca1

Feel free to email me [addy in my profile] if you ever want to discuss such topics further in depth. I am soaking it all up like a sponge right now

your life sounds to be going great and i am so happy for you.

kls

Thank you dear. Hopefully we get to meet in the near future, maybe this summer?

...life can sometimes make things so complex that we loose sight of what we need. ? that true feeling of being loved is the most valued gift that we could share.

P2

TY for your comment P2. ?Isn't it wonderful; that Love is the one thing that can never be taken away from us and that we can give without end as long as we love ourselves? Life and relationships do not have to be so complex, do they? It?s our own fear that fogs everything else up; that brings forth hate, jealousy and anger. It?s been a long road, but I am starting to make sense of these things, of Life. TY

Hi Valis, you huggable, tattooed Easter Bunny.

Thanks for the hi!

I have found my own beliefs in Karma, Dharma, and Reincarnation, to be very freeing from the limited Christian thinking. ?Sounds like what The Christ was trying to teach us, and it got warped and overlayed with Paul's own dogma.

Brenda

Without any intended offense to the Christians on the board, I agree that, for me anyways, this broader belief system is a better fit for me. If it is the "broad road to destruction", well, at least it will be a pleasant walk that will leave me feeling Peace and Love.

RE: Paul?s viewpoints, I have wondered if Christ was originally a person that had roots more of Eastern philosophy than of Judeo-Christian origin as is accepted today. In reality, it doesn?t really matter to me because I feel that we can discern from ?their fruits? what Christ?s intention was, to spread a doctrine of Love, understanding and compassion. There is little use to attach more to his teachings than this simple idea IMHO.

NPY

Nice to see you, Ass-pincher!

Well said my friend, LOVE is all around us...

Bav

Is that why you were rubbing against me when we went out for a Fish Fry?

Thank you all for your comments

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit