1.5 hours to the New Dr Who !!

by Simon 28 Replies latest social entertainment

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Was anyone else mildy disappointed by it? I really thought it was weak and the dialogue was absolutely naff. I found myself unable to get into the story at all - in fact I'll only be watching it to see Billie from now on.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Was anyone else mildy disappointed by it? I really thought it was weak and the dialogue was absolutely naff. I found myself unable to get into the story at all - in fact I'll only be watching it to see Billie from now on. No qcmber i cant agree,i thought it was very well done and most amusing,gone are the Days of the ropey special effects too.CGI rules now! Your right about Billie Piper though......

• Snowcrash
    Snowcrash

Oh man, I need to see this. I hope they air it in the US on BBC America or something. I watch Dr. Who on public television whenever I can, right after Red Dwarf. I like Red Dwarf a lot better, but Dr. Who is great.

Now if only they'd hurry up with more Red Dwarf...

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    gone are the Days of the ropey special effects too

I've only seen Dr. Who a few times, but I thought that the cheap, cheesy special affects were supposed to be part of the appeal - ?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

http://www.cbc.ca/doctorwho/

Acclaimed British actor Christopher Eccleston stars as DOCTOR WHO in the new BBC series, making its North American debut on CBC Television Tuesday April 5, 2005 at 8:00 p.m.

Eccleston also starred in The Revenger's Tragedy, a movie based on the 16th? Century play, possibly by Tourneau.

So if anyone is near the border, they might be able to pick up CBC.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Was anyone else mildy disappointed by it? I really thought it was weak and the dialogue was absolutely naff. I found myself unable to get into the story at all - in fact I'll only be watching it to see Billie from now on.

probably only the result of the huge build up - rememer what star trek was to you as a child and try to re live it.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hey Simon,

Thanks for the announcement. I'm not really into it but the kids watched it religiously for years. I have it on satelite but now the kids are grown up and on their own. Maybe this will get them to come by once a week.

Jst2laws

• City Fan
    City Fan
    The Green Death and the one with the giant spiders on their backs controlling them ... I was having nightmares for weeeks

Simon, we must be the exact same age! Pertwee's last season was scary.

I thought it was great. My daughter carried on hiding behind the sofa which was cute. I thought the script was witty and brought the Doctor up to date.

• Simon
    Simon

I thought it was good. Eccleston was 'different' as a Dr should be.

The effects (or lack of) are part of why it is scary for kids - the manequins were just manequins ... but chasing you down the street. Makes it a bit more realistic and believable (just add a kids imagination)

Our youngest (5) was enthralled and is still talking about it this morning. Mind you, he likes sci-fi ... a few weeks ago he watched the ENTIRE extended edition of Lord of The Rings over a weekend and really got into the story (and surprisingly wasn't at all scared by the orcs or dark riders who "he could beat if he was there")

• barry
    barry

I find it hard to accept a new DR who but after a few episodes I can get right into it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit