JW's just came to my door

by Heatmiser 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

JW's just came to my door and I blew an opportunity. It was a middle aged couple and a young girl in the "tween" age range. Of course they had the girl giving the presentation so I didn't have the heart to get into a conversation about the WTBS f'd up policies and lies. I am thinking I must have been one of the last houses for the day as it was about 11:57 am. The girl sounded pretty nervouse and it was on an Awake(didn't see a WT with it). So I was polite to her and just told her I wasn't interested. I have lived at this present address for almost 3 years and this is the 3rd Jw's to come, so it looks like they are averaging once a year for my neighborhood.

Man, I wish they didn't have the kid giving the presentation though. I wouldn't have had a problem discussing stuff with them. What would you guys have done? Would you have taken the low road like me and just blow them off politely? Or would you have told the them the truth about the "troof"? (remember the young girl was giving the presentation for your answers)

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Would you have taken the low road like me and just blow them off politely? Or would you have told the them the truth about the "troof"?

Ah, give em the heat! If they can't stand it, then get out of the kitchen.

Actually, I'd say to the little girl, "Excuse me for a minute dear." Look at her parents directly and give it to them.

Kwin

• fairchild
    fairchild

HM, what have you done?? You took away that nice picture you had underneath your alias. I loved it so much. I am going to miss it.

Well, to answer your question, you are a considerate person, HM. I'd probably have done the same thing, but I'd at least I'd have said that I strongly disagree with some of the WTBTS teachings. Should they have asked why, then I would have told them the truth. But when they know they have an agrument coming their way, they might not ask the why question, in order to avoid confrontation.

One way or the other, I never have to worry about JW's coming to my door. It's kind of hard to explain, but for people who don't know the premises, they would NEVER find my door. I know it sounds strange, but it is true. Long story..

• Shania
    Shania

Well to enable a future visit with her parents you could of accept the Awake from the little girl and asked the adults to return next week because you had some questions........by this you would be able to prepare better and you would of made that sweet child happy because you were a nice man that took her magazine........

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Long story..

We have time. :)

Kwin

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Just had my 1st visit from a JW (big gun) & made follow up appointment. I may be in out of my depth. How long before he dumps me?

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I feel so left out, I haven't had a JW knock on my door for about 14 years now. I just don't see them out in service. I've had one Mormon come to my door about 2 years ago and really that's about all.

• lilbit
    lilbit

I understand trying to be polite to the kid but. Kids need to understand early that other views are out there so by the time they get old enough to think for themselves, they arent so endoctrinated into the "truth" that they cant figure out what they believe not just whats been crammed down their throats for years... I also dont have JWs knock on my door anymore. I live on an airforce base and the SP's are nice enough to keep them out

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I am always torn when the JW's come to my door as to how to handle it. Most of the time I just let them do their spiel and tell them no thanks. If it was a child there is just no way I could go off, that would just be too hurtful. I have thought about trying to talk some sense to them but most of the time I just assume that is going to be a waste of time.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I would have sold them a copy of my book, In The Truth , and sent them on their way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit