For Maximus: I'll ignore everyone else

by Rex B13 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Maximus,
    You seem like a smart fellow but you have JW rationalism imbedded in your brain. You asked for an explanation and here it is:
    1) You cannot have all of the answers to Biblical theology. Mysteries can and do exist and this is partly where faith comes in. Rationalists think they can reason out every mystery and nuance of scripture. Salvation does not require this at all!
    2) God can only answer why He uses different methods on humanity. My speculation is that He is demonstrating to us that we cannot hope to live as His creation by our own means. He has a plan that was set in eternity, before time even existed (predestination).
    3) Each dispensation ends in failure and judgement of mankind. Man continuously falls well short of the mark (free will). This is indeed a demonstration of how far we are from God and why we need to accept His free offer of salvation by grace through faith alone.
    4) Our Lord, Jesus recognized this dispensational truth when he addressed the syngogue in Luke 14.16-20, closing the scroll of Isaiah 61, 1,2 in mid-sentence, "This day is the scripture fulfilled in your ears". He left out the last clause of 61.2 (and the day of vengeance of our God) because he knew that it would not be fulfilled until His second coming. He made a dispensational distinction right there! There is no break in the text yet history shows that we have a two thousand year dispensation to prove it exists: the Church Age.
    Here are the guidelines for interpreting scripture:
    1) Truth that belongs to one dispensation period must not be read into another. We must always ascertain where we are in history when reading a portion of the Bible.
    2) Truth that belongs to a past dispensation must not be used to interpret the present dispensation. To do so puts us under law, as the various heretical groups do time after time.
    3) The reverse of the second rule is also applied.
    4) Truth that belongs to the future must not be applied to the present. Example: To put the church into the tribulation period is a misapplication of scripture. Israel is again the focus of God's efforts during that period.
    5) Truth that belongs to one part of the future must not be read into another part. Example: The judgement seat of Christ, the judgement of "all the nations" and the judgement of the "White Throne" are all separate judgements.

This lack of knowledge (Knowing enough to get in trouble but not enough to figure a way out) is why such groups like the RCC, JWs, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists, Oneness Pentecostals exist.
    Distortions of Biblical truth are exactly what this forum promotes.
    Rex

• waiting
    waiting

Rex,

You dork. A sure-fire way to get a gazillion replys to

My speculation

is to empathically state that you'll ignore everyone who dares to reply.

Besides, you're numerical arguments still come down to

My speculation

which is just like the proverbial "bellybutton" and/or "asshole" - everybody's got one.

waiting

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

"You cannot have all of the answers to Biblical theology. "

Do you know what theology is? If you did then you would realize that this statement foundational statement in your response to Maximus is nonsense.

T.

• crossroads
    crossroads

You have ignored ALL on any thread you have started
    and you could not prove your point---Once this happens
    you run and begin a new scam else where only to run
    again and set up a new shop in new town. Please run back to Brooklyn and take up some new job training.

• Mishnah
    Mishnah

crossroads et al (except Rex): Are you numb between the ears? I mean, really, Rex wrote several important comments relevent to issues raised on this forum. So what do you geniuses do? NOTHING!

If you don't have anything to say then why write anything? Is it simply part of your psychology program to get through the day? The fact that others have reasons for believing differently than you is not a reason for you to feel threatened. Go on thinking that you have nothing to fear and if you're right then good for you! But if you're wrong reality will hit and hit hard! You're on the wrong side of an easy bet my numb friends.

• Farkel
    Farkel

trilobite,

[email protected] Don't be shy.

Farkel

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Hey Rex, that is ok to ignore me. I really didn't want to talk to you today anyway.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• waiting
    waiting

Well, howdy, Mishnah,

I'm one of your affectionate "et al". Guess I'm one of the first to see your insinuation of our collective "numbness between the ears."

My speculation - Rex

Here are the guidelines for interpreting scripture: - Rex

We all can speculate and put whatever guidelines for interpreting scripture we want. Every religion does it, including the WTBTS.

Not only is speculation and interpretation necessary, so is faith in the unexplainable and nonsensical historical aspect of certain stories in the Bible, but also a sort of blindness to the brain is beneficial so that we don't look too hard at what kind of God is portrayed in our interpretating His Word.

You're on the wrong side of an easy bet my numb friends. - Mishnah

That would be your private opinion, pure speculation, and your interpretation of scriptural verses. Not necessarily true or valid.

Nice to meet you, btw - even though you included me as a "numb friend." I assume no offense meant - no offense taken. One numb nut talking to another, eh?

waiting

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

SO EMAIL HIM BUDDY!!!

Ven

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong, is to let him have his own way."---Josh Billings

• crossroads
    crossroads

Waiting-Thanks
    Mishnah-Your an ass-Here's a token take the A Train
    Enough Said

P.S. Mishnah to show you I love you. Don't play
    three card monty on your way to Brooklyn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit