For Maximus: I'll ignore everyone else

by Rex B13 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

teejay - Thanks for your comments - you are correct "Kindness begets kindness" isn't always true. But it is a reminder to me that to be treated kindly, I must first treat kindly. It doesn't always work - but then again, I am only responsible for my actions - not others. Let's just say I try to do what I think Christ would do. He was very mild-tempered and loving. I TRY (not always successfully!) to follow that lead!

I'm not quite sure I understand your question, so please help me out:

"I notice that you have been posting for less than a month. How long were you posting before then?" Are you asking if I posted at ALL before this or if I was posting under another moniker?

This is the first board I've ever posted on. I came across it quite by accident and lurked for a few days before posting. So until I met y'all I was a posting virgin. Heehee!

Tina - Thanks for the hugs! I appreciate the welcome. Although I am new, you can see I've posted quite a bit. A little addictively sometimes. I should be working and I get distracted by this board! I look forward to getting to know you and others a little better.

Billygoat

• hippikon
    hippikon

Sorry "King Pill" I'll change the pic

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>fighting with people like Ros who stands firm behind her Christian beliefs.

Ros? Are you serious? She is your 'dream' Christian, she has Pentonesque Bible Student beliefs, she gives up any scripture that she disagrees with. Just like most modernists she plays by your rules, throws away the evidence because you say it is not valid.....

My turn to ROFL.
    Rex

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Ros? Are you serious? She is your 'dream' Christian, she has Pentonesque Bible Student beliefs,

Translation: She doesn't believe the same way I do, and therefore her beliefs are rubbish.

she gives up any scripture that she disagrees with.

Translation: She interprets the Bible differently from the way I do, and therefore her beliefs are rubbish.

Just like most modernists she plays by your rules, throws away the evidence because you say it is not valid.....

Not because we say it is not valid. Because it isn't valid.

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

How can I relay my thoughts to your last attempt to be cute.

People who have studied JW doctrine demonstrate how it makes no sense in light of the context of scripture. "Belief" and "interpretation" cannot be thrown out as a "catch all" to encompass all views of scripture.
    Ros has beliefs that have been clearly demonstrated as NOT-BIBLICAL.
    Ros has openly disagreed with the CONTENT of scripture.
    Ros backpeddles from scripture that is OBVIOUSLY literal to 99% of Christian researchers.
    How much of the Bible can you ignore or twist to suit your own views before you are only claiming to be Christian and do not believe in it's valid teachings? Doesn't the consensus of opinion matter at all?
    Why do many Christians do this? I THINK it is because they are afraid to take a stand on ALL SCRIPTURE INSPIRED AND BENEFICIAL FOR TEACHING, REPROVING.....
    BTW, I wonder where Maximus is, after all, it was HE who asked me to post this thread?
    Rex
    p.s. Jan has studied theology, as has Randy Watters and I think they would back me up on the validity of the main protestant doctrines.

• hippikon
    hippikon

King Pill: Have you ever thought that maybe Maximus has got better things to do?

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Obviously YOU don't! Yuck yuck
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit