Did Anyone Here Read The Chapters Every Day Before The Memorial?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

....to get in tune with what happened to Christ during the last week of his life? I never did.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I did one day many years ago. After reading a few verses I said to myself: "Self, this is really dumb." Never did it again.

• minimus
    minimus

I never even read the daily text!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Yes, I did. I remember the first Memorial I ever went to, I actually cried during the prayer, which was loooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggg........of course, I was an impressionable young woman at the time.......only 14 and very sheltered. Oh how times have changed! LOL!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yeah, I did.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I used to read them from the NWT every year before I went to the memorial, before I quit.

GBL

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Sometimes. But I found it really boring because I already knew what it said. So I read them as fast as I could, just so I could say I'd read it without lying. I rarely read the daily text.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I haven't done that in the last 2 years. I think I'll read that same old stuff only once every 5 years, that's of course if I'm forced to stay that long. I doubt it.

DY

• minimus
    minimus

YEAH..........We know what it was gonna say.

• Swan
    Swan

Yes, I did. But instead of focusing on Christ's death the talk went on about the remnant and why they were the only ones who got to eat or drink anything and why the rest of us should keep our lips off of the sacraments and how the FDS were the only ones to be doing Jah's will and please attend more often and not just once a year because the end is close yada... yada... yada ad nauseum.

I got more out of the Bible reading than the Memorial, which is why I eventually quit going long before I DAed.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit