Would'nt it be great if they had to read our letters outloud to the cong...

by ButtLight 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

There were quite a few that disagreed with my DF'S. If I could write a letter that would be read to the congregation now???????? Wow, I think it would make them "think" for once!

Im still waiting for that beer

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I'm not DF'd or DA'd, and never sent a letter to the elders or anyone else. I have thought of writing a letter explaining my reasons for no longer accepting "the truth" and publishing it in one of those free weekly classified newspapers which are so common, such as the "Ad-Sack" in South Texas, or "Thrifty-Nickle" in some other areas. One might go into as much detail as desired, and because these papers are extremely widely read, the congregation would have to answer lots of questions about the situation from people they call on at the door. Haven't done this myself, but it might be a viable option for some who were not given an opportunity to explain why they chose not to associate any longer.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

heh, somehow I get the feeling most letters would sound like a rap song playing on the radio.

"and the *bleep*ing elders can go *bleep* and *bleep* and *bleep*. I could give a *bleep* what you all *bleep* think. *bleep* you."

• JAVA
    JAVA

I no longer attended meetings in the early 1980s, but my JW spouse felt the need to turn me into the body of elders for the gross sin of voting. I had been an elder in the congregation for years, so I had the address of most members, and many JWs throughout the area. I wrote a letter to the Society challenging their stupid dogma, and copied it to every JW address I had on my list. Of interest, no one replied, not even the Society. However I understand that it caused much talk within the rank-n-file, and really ticked my JW spouse off. :-) Of course, we're no longer married!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit