POLL - How many elders/MS/microphone passers/literature slingers/sound guys

by Pwned 21 Replies latest jw friends

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i lost my microphone passing/literature slinging/sound guy/wt-reading/bookstudy reading and praying ... "privileges" not too long ago. because of my attitude, they said. this is work a ms should do, if possible, and if there are not enough ms around to do the jobs, someone with equal qualities should be used. and i don't have those qualities anymore, they said. i said, no problem.

now they were asking me if i could do this and that again, i said yes, but never showed up.

• Mary
    Mary
    Slimboyfat said: I once handled the mike.

You forgot to end that with: "..in my pants."

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

is your question...how many posting now are still doing these things...i guess most of us used to do one or all of the things mentioned...i did and i could get most of them back now i think if i just got my hair cut....did mikes about a month ago....was asked to say the prayer at the group a couple of weeks ago..but refused much to the consternation of the conductor who had never come accross this before..never been asked since...i would read anytime they asked though cos i love reading..but they never ask..i had a talk 2 weeks ago....about astrology..i said regardless of what the bible says its stupid anyway.....

i think anyone here could claim they were a co do bethel gb still...but i think they should provide evidence without revealing themselves

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I use to wash the cup holders at assemblies. Hey don't knock it, it got me out of a talk or two.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

once a ms, not anymore. used to do territory, mics,and anything else asked. now i just sit there, comment occasionally, sleep a little(ok a lot)

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I agree that I am stunned when I see Elders and MS posting here. There are a few, but I'll let them confess who they are.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I'm a "used to be" too...when I was in I did Mics, Attendant, Literature, Talks, Reading, Prayer...the lot. Loved working at assemblies to get out of sitting through the BS.

I used to be "in charge" of the sound system so I called myself a "Mini-Stereo Servant"...they never really saw the humor. LOL

Now I just sit in the recliner in my underwear eating cheetos and ....handle the mic. LOL

• Odrade
    Odrade
    i guess most of us used to do one or all of the things mentioned

Nope! Wrong! about half of "us" used to do these things. The rest of us were women.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I was the guy in the back of the hall sleeping.

I thought it was a great privilege and one they couldn't strip me of...

Rev

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I would have prefered to have been handling the women rather than the mics....

I think the whole mic duty is very phalic anyway....young hormone riddled males at the hall presenting a long pole toward the mouths of the audience....have to admit a few "impure thoughts" on especially frustrated nights when certain sisters my age answered. LOL Guess that makes me a perv huh ? LOL Maybe this should be in the fantasies about the KH thread LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit