A very disarming question you can ask jw's as an "unbelieving mate"

by Check_Your_Premises 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Great job Underdog!

Also, another of one of the many areas of major prophecy-failure would be 1925:

1925 "The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life; and since other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favor, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth.. They are to be resurrected as perfect men and constitute the princes or rulers in the earth .. Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection.. A simple calculation of these jubilees brings us to this important fact: Seventy jubilees of fifty years each would be a total of 3500 years. That period of time beginning 1575 years before A.D. 1 of necessity would end in the fall of 1925, at which time the type ends and the great antitype must begin. What, then, should we expect to take palace? In the type there must be a full restoration; beginning of restoration of all things." {MLND 88-90} ["Princes" not to be resurrected until after Armageddon per HIS1 252-3]

Also:

1925 "Based upon the argument heretofore set forth, then, that the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction, it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die." {MLND 97}

And:

1925 ".. about April 1, 1925, at which time we may expect the resurrection of the Ancient Worthies .." {MLND 110}

And here's a website where you can look at the book "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" (courtesy of Garybuss' link to me -- BTW, if it doesn't work when you click on it, you can copy it and then paste it to your webaddress bar and it should work; for some reason my links don't seem to work well on this forum~) :

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/millions/millions.html

These things are worth looking into because of the fact that the society claims to be Christ's sole representative and channel to people and yet has proven itself to be wrong on all its prophecies. This one above obviously didn't occur in 1925, nor have any of the others, so when people might use the argument that we couldn't know if Jesus wasn't ruling invisibly, it pretty much makes it cut and dry that He is not here invisibly and that that particular prophecy is just as wrong as the rest of them.

Hopefully this will open up the door to studying the Bible indepth and independant of WT literature to guide you and tell you what the Bible is saying since they've been wrong in such important areas previously and likely are very wrong in other key areas, i.e. disfellowshipping/shunning, believing they're the faithful and discreet slave based on taking one verse out of context in a Matthew parable, calling the 144,000 the little flock when actually that was Jesus simply calling his own disciples the little flock, etc...

Not trying to force another view on you or anything but just offering reasons for believing something different to think about.

Leonard

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Arbitrary speculation time!!!

I think I can out this sincere as the bf referred to in posts by a new member named MM090503. Just a thought.

I don't mean to pick on you sincere. Are you baptized yet? You don't sound like you are. You sound like a nice, extremely well intentioned fellow who has heard some very compelling arguments. Many here are qute jaded, and even bitter. Please don't discard the things they have to say because of the intensity of their negative emotions.

You have made some new, very nice friends, who have assured you that life as a witness is nothing but sweetness and light. Any difficulties you encounter will be due to agents of Satan trying to tempt you and test you.

I am very glad you are here. It shows that you are interested in what other people think. It shows you are willing to listen to others, and make up your own mind free from outside control. That is all I want for my family as an UBM.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I don't mind the hijacking under. The thread had been dead for a couple of days. I was surprised when I saw some new comments.

A hijacking for a good cause is a good thing!

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

I don't mind the hijacking under. The thread had been dead for a couple of days. I was surprised when I saw some new comments.

A hijacking for a good cause is a good thing!

No doubt~! Sincere may have actually gone to research what he said he would.

If you've come back but aren't posting as of yet, please don't feel people are purposefully trying to bombard you; I know there are good reasons for the people here wanting to share their views with you and don't mind seeing what you have to share. Peace.

• vitty
    vitty

I cant believe sincere can have a girlfriend outside the JW faith. He would be marked pretty pronto !

I have a friend whos been marked for a couple of years shes been terrible treated or should i say bullied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit