• kls
    kls

CYP just checking in so you know i am areading this

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I hoped you would.

• Sincere80
    Sincere80

I really only have one thing to say about everything. In th bible it is stated that a husband should treat his wife like he would treat himself, and a wife should honor her husband as head of the household. As UBM how do you know that the witnesses are treating you in a disrespecting manor, my current fiance is an unbelieving mate and I am willing to make any sacrifice for her. She thinks that our difference in religion will keep us from having a happy marriage (shes baptist) and I keep telling her the only thing that matters is that we both believe in Christ and that we are both christian, in no way do I, or my family, or any of the congregation try to "convert" her as I have seen you say. If you are christians as you say that you are ( some of you) then you might not be as close-minded as you are now. Just to close, I also agree that calling someones father a pig is wrong and I hope that gets dealt with.

• undercover
    undercover
    ...I keep telling her the only thing that matters is that we both believe in Christ and that we are both christian...

I'm assuming that you are JW?

If so, then both of you believing in Christ won't mean a hill of beans if you accept the JW teachings and she doesn't. Your spouse will die at Armageddon.

my current fiance is an unbelieving mate and I am willing to make any sacrifice for her.

Would you be willing to give up being a JW for her to ensure a happy marriage?

edit: forgot to say: welcome to the forum!

• Sincere80
    Sincere80

As a matter of fact no I wouldn't sacrifice my faith for her, and I do not expect her to change hers for me, but let me say this, honest prayer and continuing to study from the bible then I am positive that we will recieve the answer that we search for, What is the true religion?

• undercover
    undercover
    As a matter of fact no I wouldn't sacrifice my faith for her, and I do not expect her to change hers for me, but let me say this, honest prayer and continuing to study from the bible then I am positive that we will recieve the answer that we search for, What is the true religion?

What if honest prayer and bible study led you to believe that her faith(or some other faith) was the true religion instead of yours? Just a hypothetical question.

• Sincere80
    Sincere80

Then that is the answer I get from Jehovah and not from my love for her, it puzzles me how everyone says how bad the witnesses are or how they are treated, which I have never had anyone complain, I thought the purpose was the beliefs of the witnesses.

• undercover
    undercover
    Then that is the answer I get from Jehovah and not from my love for her, it puzzles me how everyone says how bad the witnesses are or how they are treated, which I have never had anyone complain, I thought the purpose was the beliefs of the witnesses.

You said earlier that honest prayer and bible study will lead you to the right religion. My question is what if thru prayer and bible study you find that your religion is not the right religion? If you prayed about it and studied about it and you believe God gives you anwers though those mediums, fine, God must be telling you something. What would you do?

I never said anything about JWs specifically. We're talking in generalities. What if you read something that your religion, be it JW, Mormon or Catholic, printed but did not coincide with the bible? Or what if they made promises based on the bible and then had to change meaning of that promise? Would you question more? Would you seek out the true answer?

• Sincere80
    Sincere80

Ok let me put this in easily understood terms. If I had any questions about my beliefs or about the bible then yes I would have to question the witnesses, however, I don't know who you have talked to or learned from but everything I have been taught HAS came from the bible, and has been explained by more scriptures. I am not an "ordained minister" I do give talks at the hall, but when I talked to my fiance's preacher, he sounded like he didn't know what he was talking about and he was all about opinions. I am not saying that I am the sharpest knife in the drawer, but even a blind man could see the difference.

• undercover
    undercover
    If I had any questions about my beliefs or about the bible then yes I would have to question the witnesses...

Okay, thank you. You answered my question.

...however, I don't know who you have talked to or learned from but everything I have been taught HAS came from the bible, and has been explained by more scriptures.

Everything that you have been taught has come from the Bible? Can you explain, from the Bible, how it is that JWs know that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 and then picked the WTS as God's representative organization on earth in 1919?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit