social retard

by MerryMagdalene 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

GBL...You showed your face. Wasn't that a different avatar before? Like a man in the rain?

If so...Then I recall you and you have the funniest post. Always making me laugh..

• talesin
    talesin
    I am going to teach an older woman that I have encountered while doing ?field service?, (AKA door knocking) about fornication and keeping the marriage bed clean. Yeah, no joke here, this is serious business because I want her to live forever on a paradise earth. In five minutes I had read three scriptures, overcome her objections, placed two sets of magazines, this months and last months and obtained the proper payment. I believe it was fifteen cents back then. I also had started a Bible study. Yuppa, that was me, Ms. Fornication expert at five years of age.

Sparkplug,

While reading this passage, I felt like laughing and crying at the same time.

How well do I know that little girl? Let's look into the mirror of the past together!

That was eloquent. Thank you.

t

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Sparkplug, yep that was me. I just threw my pic on here because I'm so disgusted with the fear this religion holds over people and Dansk said some great inspiring stuff.. I'm still the same old horny JWD guy, hehe. I love your posts.

GBL

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Talesin:

While reading this passage, I felt like laughing and crying at the same time.

I believe I cried as I wrote it all. It is part of a book that I thought I would write. I got to the 5th or 6th chapter when I started reading on here. I now am not so certian about it...because it is so very common. Writing all that I have so far has been such wonderful therapy. So maybe now, a real (((((hug)))) and a ((((((((real big sis hug)))))))) is in place. I think all JW girls have a kindred spirit in there somewhere. It is just some of us reacted in different ways. Thank you for your thank you!

GBL.

I'm so disgusted with the fear this religion holds over people and Dansk said some great inspiring stuff..

Really glad to see your picture then...

I'm still the same old horny JWD guy, hehe
    Glad to see the Horndog back. Thank you too.
  • EvilForce
    EvilForce

This is my first post to this site. I "slipped" away about 15 years ago when I was 23..... Of course it was planned. I moved 1/2 across the country so I could start fresh and taper off so as not to get d'fed or whatnot. I was raised in "the truth" so really didn't have a choice as to my survival. I opted to lead the "double life"...and I was VERY good at it. So I didn't get the social retardation as such with this scenario. However, I held EVERYONE at arms length knowing that they could not be trusted....for at any moment they would "sin" themselves and turn me in for something far less serious. I was an elder's child. I knew everything that went on behind closed doors. Who was having problems, what those problems were, and how superior we all were for not having those kind of family issues. "Private reproof" in the Jo Ho (aka Borg) is laughable. The whole congregation / circuit knew about it in under a week. This taught me well in the art of deception. Now I know some of you will say I was a hippocrite and you may be right. But when you are 13 and a circuit overseer asks you if you are going to pioneer when you get out of high school and from your prior experience know that if you say "If Jehovah wills" it will effectively stop the interegation in under 5 minutes, why on Earth would you tell him the truth of, "No I want to go to college so that I can learn medicine to help people" The last time I "spoke my mind" about my future I ended up in two elder's meetings trying to "build me up spiritually" for hours on end. UGH! Add to the fact that I am gay growing up gay in the Witness belief structure. So I digress.... While I didn't suffer social retardation as the original thread described, I have struggled for many years throwing off the other social retardation of not trusting ANYONE including my mate. With many years of patience he knows when I shut down and don't talk or give an answer isn't fully honest just to not bear the unpleasantness of honest communication. That is where I feel the most damage comes from. We never truly have that feeling of "unconditional" love in the borg. It is always conditiona on the basisl that we are "playing our part".

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

evil....Is that Dr. Evil? I hear you and welcome. you should take this to the top and use it to introduce yourself! I personally think that would really be great. I don't know who all resents the elders kids, but it all is so warped that there is no way that I can think of that I could hold a grudge. We were all just trying to get thru all the crazy and...well what I am trying to say is I feel for you. That had to be very hard and an insight that a lot of people can relate to and maybe the other half needs to know. Sometimes sharing is the best"medicine"

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well I guess I could be considered Dr. Evil now. However, I spawned the nickname many years ago when my mother used to say "that's the evil force of Satan at work". So I adopted it as my alternate personality. I have never thought of myself as Evil...except used the nickname because that's what witnesses would think I was... so a little tongue in cheeck humor :)

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    of not trusting ANYONE including my mate. With many years of patience he knows when I shut down and don't talk or give an answer isn't fully honest just to not bear the unpleasantness of honest communication. That is where I feel the most damage comes from. We never truly have that feeling of "unconditional" love in the borg. It is always conditiona on the basisl that we are "playing our part".

Say...for all the hurt. Maybe letting people in is good. At least that is my latest theory and I figure that say I let 10 people get to know me and they suck...but two are really cool...That still is better odds than shutting people out and feeling that aloneness. We build our families a bit at a time. You too have that option.

With being Gay, first off you automatically have lost half the population of the world. Then your family and the friends you grew up with (JW Stuff). So I am thinking that doing what I started doing at the advice of yet...haha one of my gay friends...and that is to build your own family. So I have a motley crew of folks that I love. And I will take the lumps of people hurting me any day... As long as I at least gave myself the chance to have one person in. If you dont give it all...Then more than likely you will end up with nothing..

That is all..my two peso's worth

SP

• prophecor
    prophecor

So I'm just looking at this situation about the whole issue of normalcy here, and I look back to just last Thursday at my new job. I was coming out of there and there's this one guy who's a bit gruff, you know the type, right?, a little ruff around the edges, almost like...a viking, neanderthal, not quite a cowboy, but willing to disarm himself. We've had the occasion to share words with each other, nothing further than the traditional howdy do's, and such. Thursday was a little different, he wants to take it a step further,I allow him a lot more room than I would most folks who I'm not imediately comfortable with. I found myself actually sitting down and taking in some of this guys life that he wants to relate to me, his girlfriend, living with his mom, some crazy chick who busted out his mother's windows some time ago. He wants to go back to school, get his GED, I mean...I actually sat there, as if I was truly interested, and I really think I was, I was so uncomfortable though, but I sat there on the bench inside the building, he sat down, and begin to peel away portions of his world with me. He works the midnite shift, janatorial work, but he was so needing to share with me a portion of his world and I sat there and took it in. I wanted to dismiss myself, but felt the need to remain as this is part of my training in being human. To allow myself to sit in the middle of an uncomfortable situation, regardless for how much I would, and could be doing otherwise, and I'm required to sit thru it, until it is either over, or I have sufficiently gotten and given, everything that I can to the transference of energy. I really felt strange, but I also felt uniquely connected to the rest of the world. Despite the fact that under usual circumstances, I would have begged off from a situation like this, would have done the quick, cut and run, " how you doin?, ohhhhh, OK that's great, gotta' go bye!!! " But I made myself stay, and because of that, I was allowed to be more human. We talked for about 20 minutes, before I pushed myself beyond the moment so I could return to my comfort zone, my own head, but it did me a world of good, and I think Keith really needed to have someone listen to him. I actually found a space where I was reminded of his name without my having to embaressingly ask, " what's your name again? ", and I made sure not to forget it again. He sounded like someone determined to make a better life for himself. He shared a portion of his soul to a virtual stranger, I felt honored that he would share with me, I also felt a little uncomfortable, but that was OK, uncomfortable was what I needed at that time. I've never been one who prefers to take the easy way out. In fact, I'm notorious for doing things the hard way, all the time!!! I'm one of the most approachable people on the planet, though I try to keep people at arms length, with my painted brave face and bullet proof eyes, most folks find me approachable, and I sometimes have to succumb to their " Come on out & Play With Me " pleas. It a great thing when I can get out of myself.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey thanks for sharing that prophecor! Cool story. I'm sure everyone at your work thinks you are pretty cool.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit