Elders refused to help police investigation into the rape of a teenage girl

by Gadget 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2

Nothing they have ever written on child sex abuse could ever be called "ground-breaking" - although their dogged defense of "the two witness" rule could be described as "victim-breaking".

Everything that I have ever read in their publications about abuse has been PR reactionary twaddle.

Missing from their "policies" is any meaningful assurance that victims of alleged abuse by congregation members will not only be supported and protected, but the appropriate authorities also notified.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The WTS has promoted a belief of superiority within their elder class.

The elders I have encountered are pompous and ego-centric to the extreme. They are products of an organization that tells them that they are special - members of an elite club - that they have special status, not just within their community, but over the entire world.

The elders end up believing that they have the ability to judge people because they are God's elite - they believe they have more power than the courts of the land. And, because they have the backing of their big Brother in New York, they believe that they are smarter and better than the secular judicial systems.

Men who have little education - I know of elders who have not completed high school - are being told that they are administrators of 'God's Law'. These same elders hold in contempt people who have had years and years of education, experience and practice in law.

Big mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit