I hope this memorial doesnt backfire ...........

by fleaman uk 35 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Hi marsal

That comment i made was for jaffacake i think.

Pole

I think the reason i dont have a problem taking her to the KH and ,yes,meeting friends who are quite strong in it,is the fact that by and large i dont have any real bad memories of the org.Does that make sense?

• Undecided
    Undecided

Had a nightmare last night about the memorial. I was to give the memorial talk and hadn't prepared at all, I was just goin to use the society's outline. I went to the memorial site some where up in the mountains and when I opened my briefcase I had brought the wrong one, no outline. I woke up about then, had to go pee. Went back to sleep and it started all over again. I remembered the one I had given way back in the 70s and thought I could do it from memory. Woke up before I had to start my sermon. Sure glad it was a dream.

Ken P.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Fleaman,

Never a witness, but once something similar, but not quite as extreme. We were "a peculiar people" "a remnant" called out in the last days as the only true religion in a time of widespread apostasy. We even spread the ministry door to door and by other means. We grew as a religion even faster than JWs and reached more on earth in more languages. Our hall choir was called "the last generation choir". Adventists gave the JWs most of their doctrines - sorry (the 1914 one was worked out by an englishman decades before Russell was even born). An important difference, the personal relationship with Christ, the one mediator for all humanity. I drifted away in my late teens, scared of the pressure to go into the ministry. I only just learned they aren't in "the truth" when researching recently to try to convince my friend that JWs are not what they claim to be.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Thanks Jaffacake for that enlightenment.Sounds very much like the seventh day adventists to me?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Bummer, I forgot it was memorial tonight. Went to the pub instead. Had dinner with my heathen neighbour. White wine and neck chops. Not a morsel of bread in sight.

I'll do penitence tomorrow. I'll go fishing.....

....for fish.

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

If you think anything of this girl dont introduce her to this cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit