JWs and Independent thinking

by JW Ben 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"Satan promoted independent thinking" ?

I thought Satan told a lie about God and misinformed thinking followed.

Similarly so with the wtbts, a modern day example of 'Satan'

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

BEND over my dear man. You love to set the table, so we'll dish it out.

Very few , if any, leave as a direct result of not understanding and, or, disagreeing with, the JW view of the trinity, hell, immortal soul, going to heaven (or not), Armageddon, the paradise restored etc. If those views are changed, it is generally after they leave. The reason most often being, that they want to retaliate against the WTS. in any way they can because they have been hurt, or stumbled or because their pride was damaged in some way.

How daring of you to insinuate the greived emotions so many JWs and xJWs feel when realizing the truth about the WTS.

I submit that you put the cart before the horse, in that any express anger or resentment such ones have is becuase they realize JW is bunk. Not the other way round.

That you think otherwise shows that you are accepting a cult's defense of it's practices, instead of trying to understand the opposing viewpoint.

The fact is that there is no room for dissenters in the Org. If you make any divergent opinions known you will be counseled into submission or DA as an apostate.

If you keep your opinions to yourself, you are forced into a program of cognitive dissonance that constanly bleaches JW minds.

The whitewashing of JW history is also incredibly disingenuous. Terms like "clarification" and "new understanding" do not stand under the actual history of change and reversal. There are no apologies to JW victims for such policy changes. Shame on them when such victims have to read the following insult:

w00 1/1 p. 10 Serving With the Watchman ***

As the years pass, Jehovah continues to give us further clarification of truth, including a clearer understanding of his prophetic word. (Proverbs 4:18) In recent years, we have been encouraged to look again with deeper understanding at?among other things?the generation that will not pass away before the end comes, the parable of the sheep and the goats, the disgusting thing and when it will stand in a holy place, the new covenant, the transfiguration, and the temple vision of the book of Ezekiel. It may be difficult at times to understand such updated explanations, but the reasons for them become clear in due course. If a Christian does not fully understand a new explanation of a scripture, he does well humbly to echo the words of the prophet Micah: "I will show a waiting attitude for the God of my salvation."?Micah 7:7.

In effect: "If you don't understand it, then bend over soldier and take it anyway. After a while it won't hurt anymore."

Now how do you Bend, reconcile the following statement?

w97 6/1 pp. 13-14 A Secret Christians Dare Not Keep! ***

In contrast with humans, who have a limited life span, Jehovah never feels pressured by time to reveal his secrets prematurely. This fact should prevent us from becoming impatient when certain Bible questions cannot presently be explained to our satisfaction. Modesty on the part of the faithful and discreet slave class, commissioned to provide the Christian household with food at the proper time, prevents it from presumptuously running ahead and wildly speculating about things that are still unclear. The slave class strives to avoid being dogmatic. It is not too proud to admit that as of now it cannot answer every question, keeping Proverbs 4:18 clearly in mind. But how thrilling to know that Jehovah, in his own due time and in his own way, will continue to reveal his secrets as to his purposes! Never should we become impatient with Jehovah?s arrangement, indiscreetly trying to rush ahead of the Revealer of secrets. How reassuring it is to know that the channel Jehovah is using today does not do so! It is both faithful and discreet.

How, exactly, can the FDS be a "channel" and not get the signal right?! We are not talking about "progressive truths" here. The FDS made "the generation" a part of JW doctrine until 1995 and then dumped it. Was it rushing ahead before with a false dogmatic explaination?? Answer me.

The target market for your post is quite interesting:

NOTE This essay is not written to try to convince those that earnestly believe JWs must conform to all that the WT prints, or who no longer believe the Bible to be Gods word, but it is designed for those that are undecided.

In this example, ?prideful, independent thinking? is associated with the idea of ?the freedom to interpret the Bible for ourselves?. Now this is where I am really going to annoy those that do not agree with me, and I offer no appologies.

Especially since by posting here you violate the principles of your own religion. How brave of you. Perhaps you should wait on Jehovah instead, and let the Governing Body handle it.
  • A Paduan
    A Paduan

In 1981 the great jeboobah authorised me to preach and inform the world of the message that I alone have the divine privelege of knowing - as I am the only one preaching this particular message there is no doubt that it is I alone who have recieved this divine appointment - therefore, only the people who adhere to my sayings are the true christians, and if it be that the light that channels through my sayings does alter, just remember:

If a Christian does not fully understand a new explanation of a scripture, he does well humbly to echo the words of the prophet Micah: "I will show a waiting attitude for the God of my salvation."?

Now - don't forget and be so filled with pride so as to think independently and question my divine and inspired and plainly authorised direction for your spiritual edification.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

JW Ben:

The Watchtower purposefully writes articles that give the IMPRESSION of allowing leeway to those outside the organization. Among their own it is VERY different. No deviation is tolerated.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

What strikes me is the fact that the organization calls false teachings they believe other churches may have to be "nauseating"... but when they admittedly preach false teachings for years upon years they are simply "infallible" and all you have to do is wait it out. This seems like quite a double standard to me.

• Flash
    Flash

JWBen

I'm sure you mean well, even so, there is Theory and there is Practice. The theory of what is printed from the WTS is much differant than the 'practice.' Labeling independant thinking as Satanic for instance puts an unessesary restraint on our natural God given and God approved thought process. To test the reality of this with yourself, please tell us now, on this Thread, what you personaly don't agree with from the Society, please list them all. Also, please tell us how you would change things. I'll bet you find it a real struggle, maybe impossible, to let your mind think in those terms because of how you (and we) have been taught.

Thank you.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    They were not created robots that had to do every thing by a command by God. They had a very simple law code.

And that is is the exact Truth Jesus taught when he was here on earth.

The WTBTS is teaching a truth and a law code that is in direct violation of what Jesus taught..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit