Are you "Spiritually Sick"???

by JH 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Somebody mentioned the witnesses serve an organisation, while REAL christians serve god and the bible. The difference is.....the latter was first and became bigger. The reality is.....they were both started by man and both are bogus.

Gumby

• JH
    JH

The elder also told me that the "internet" is a tool of the debil.

So, I guess that I shouldn't read what I post....

• gumby
    gumby
    the "internet" is a tool of the debil.

Ask him WHY the society has a website then.

Gumby

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

People also are considered 'spiritually weak' if they don't have a personal/family regular study of the scriptures.

Not only are you expected to attend and prepare for the 5 weekly meetings, in addition you must also have a weekly personal study or family study of the Bible, using WTBTS publications of course.

Yeah, right!!!

DY

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Ask him WHY the society has a website then.

The society LOVES to fornicate with the debbil, that's why.

Walter

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

It is truly amazing how God works in ones life in 'the real world' (outside of JW fantasy land). Some of you have read my brief introduction and heard about the dread I felt in my last years as a dub. Well, lately I've been questioning absolutely everything about spirituality - the Bible, the so-called "Jesus myth" and all organized religion, and the only conclusion I have come to is that I KNOW there is a God and he loves me. I even wondered yesterday why I still close my prayers with "in Jesus name" - but I thought 'it feels right so I'll keep doing it'.

Well, last night I went to a new hairdresser and she started witnessing to me about Jesus. I could feel the spirit of God coming from within her. She calmed my nerves by talking about the Lord and her personal relationship with him. She is not RELIGIOUS even though she attends church faitfully. She spoke of how many religions are not teaching people the truth - there's so much more to her testimony than I can say here but the bottom line is that I was so moved and felt that God is reaching out to me to give me another leg up on my journey to peace and real fulfillment through a close personal relationship with him. Could I get this at the KH? Not in a million years! There is no Holy Spirit there - it's a spiritual wasteland. The Bible they use is tainted and the literature they study is uninspired. They are not trying to lead people to the Lord - but to the Borg, to be assimilated and become part of the money making machine.

The only reason I would go to a KH would be for a wedding or a funeral - and the only reason to do that is to support someone I love. I don't want to hear anything JW's have to say. They make me (spiritually) sick.

I accepted the Lord as my personal savior 3 years ago but the church I was going to left me feeling empty so I stopped attending before I got caught up. But after my encounter last night ... I am hopeful - very hopeful that I will be able to make a connection again.

• gumby
    gumby

Maybe the debil is really a cute chick with nice hooters and a "one hander" fanny. I'd prolly sleep with her at least once if she was a girl, if my wife would go for it.

Gumby

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

(In my best Strongbad voice)

I'm spiritually awesome!

SNG

• Preston
    Preston

Well, I'm gay so obviously I'm oblivious to prayer, God, and Jesus...I'm just a joyful sinner.

- Preston

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Spiritually sick? I don't think so. In fact, I have some peace of mind because I am out of it all. It always used to bother me that they claimed they were God's organization - as though He endorsed them. Almost like a celebrity who endorses a certain product in a TV commercial. They take that scripture and just apply it to themselves and we are supposed to take their word for it.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit