My Prediction: If You Don't want To Be A Witness----You've Disassociated

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I agree with Siddhash'''

In that I think their desire for loyalty transforms into control of the mass and the two intermix in the minds of the wbts leaders.

What would feel better for a cult leader? Loyalty or control?

If you have loyalty you have control and if you have control, it is of the loyal ones.

Clean the hive as bees do. Any bee that does not fit the needs of the hive are forced out without any compassion.

The result?? The organization may decrees in size dramaticlly, to only those who can be controlled due to their foolish loyalty.

Outoftheorg

• chappy
    chappy

Anyone have info. on how they are dealing with "born in the truth, inactive, non-baptised" people? Are there any examples of these individuals being disassociated due to inactivity?

chappy

• minimus
    minimus

Big Tex, if no one thought of you as a JW, you wouldn't been invited to the Memorial by your friend. You were invited because of your "inactive" status.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Sorry for not being clear. No one at my job, or my wife's job, or my kids' school, or our neighborhood thinks of me as a JW. Actually we've got 3 active Witnesses showing up at a crawfish boil at our house next month. They're very curious about us exes, and they're fed up with this sect.

My elder friend indeed thought of me as someone who was inactive. He and his wife were the only ones by the way. He no longer thinks that. Fortunately however he is not allowing our differences to stand in the way of a 25 year friendship.

So when I said "no one thinks ..." (present tense) I was being accurate.

Chris

• minimus
    minimus

I can only hope that these JWs can see how different it is being on the other side with people like you and Nina.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I told them no one has horns (except Valis ) and that we wouldn't sacrifice anything on the altar this time. Luckily they laughed.

In all seriousness I told one the best thing about being out is the freedom. No guilt, no pressure, no "have to's", no statistics. It really does feel like a weight is lifted off your shoulders. We've known them for over 20 years (Nina's known one for nearly 30 years), and the elders have really put them through the meatgrinder.

I do think you're right about your prediction. At least that's the direction they're headed.

Chris

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Minimus,They have always taught that inactives are Spiritually Sick and Weak,and still part of the flock of God and under the loving care of the Elders.

Is there anything in writing, including the ORG. book that changes this policy.

Blueblades

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, in any cult, there are the written rules and the unwritten rules.

I don't see it happening this year or the next but I can see it in the tactic elders have of visiting inactive JWs and point-blank asking them if they believe that the organization is the only one used by God or something similar. Either no answer or a careful answer is necessary to avoid DAing yourself.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

My thought is EVENTUALLY they can use the book to say, "Well, this is nothing new. We haven't seen you.You refuse to talk to us. We can only assume you're not considering yourself as a Witness any longer".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit