My Prediction: If You Don't want To Be A Witness----You've Disassociated

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Eventually, I believe that if an inactive person refuses to talk to elders, stops all meetings and service and might create any possible problem to the local congregation, that they might be loopholed into showing themselves as having "disassociating" themselves. It would be an easy way to get rid of deadweights that can cause more harm than good in the congregation.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I agree on this one,and it would make it easier to ex-communicate you or force you back into the productive fold once you understand the consequences of "if you don't attend meetings,go out in service and claim to be one of jehovah's witnesses,then this is what the new green book,jehovah's literal word,printed by the fds says about you....that you've in fact disassociated yourself from jehovah's visible organization....OH,and look here it says you're equal to a disfellowshipped person..."

Maybe this is the loop-hole that some were trying to figure out,wouldn't surprise if they try it.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I think you've called this about right min'. However, it would be a double edged sword. All those new and motivated XJW's who just wanted to fade quietly and maintain contact with their families! I can feel the aggro brewing....

• Scully
    Scully

minimus... look on the bright side.. if they get rid of all the Inactive People?, their statistics improve to almost 100% participation.

• minimus
    minimus

Scully, you're right. They did in the 1920's. They got rid of anyone that believed in Russell's writings and started almost from scratch.

• JH
    JH

Didn't you just say this on your other thread?

I think we must be careful in assuming that anything is "new" or "changed" regarding policies of the Society or for that matter regarding anything that we assert is absolutely true, unless we have some facts to back it up.
  • minimus
    minimus

There's a difference between "prediction" and "fact".

• JH
    JH

I agree with your prediction...

An inactive person can't stay in that state forever.....

• minimus
    minimus

But an inactive person has been able to stay in that state without and D-ing going on.

• JH
    JH

I think that the last thing Elders want to see is "Catholic Witnesses", by that I mean Witnesses who go to their meetings only once in a while like Catholics do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit