Do you have "Nice Roads" where you live?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Where I live, in Southwest Florida, the roads are so nice and very well cared for. It makes me pay my taxes and tolls happy.

DY

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Kidding aside, we do have some bad roads that the local gov. and state are trying to fix, just age, and alot of usuage from only having a few main roads. I `m surrounded by barrier islands, so each has it`s own limited roadways.Lots of tourists use them and locals. Then we have the advantage of "river road" drives which are very nice and maintained, and are a very relaxed and peaceful ride on the weekends, these roads were the original roads when these islands were first settled.They move along the island skirting the huge rivers here. Then there is the infamous A1A which I live off, this runs along the coast and you get spectacular views of the beach.

• Special K
    Special K

Main Highways aren't too bad. It's the secondary roads that fall to hell in the spring. You dodge potholes almost like your dodging bullets. My nine year old is continually asking me why I'm driving on the wrong side of the road...lol.

A friend of mine hit an unmarked huge pot hole and did $1,500. damage to the bottom of her van. She sued Dept of Highways for the money and got it because of such a horrific unmarked hole.

When she had the van towed to the nearest garage there were three other vehicles there for repairs for hitting the same monster pot hole. Sheesh!!!.

For me, hmm. I've only lost one tire cover thingy so far. That's pretty good!

Special K

• JH
    JH

Our streets are in such a bad condition that they are deteriorating much faster than they are being fixed.

Gee, one day we might be better off with gravel roads...

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

It seems to vary from county to county here. When we lived in Baltimore, the county roads were okay, but in the city, there were huge potholes. I banged my car into quite a few.

Personally, I think Maryland has some of the best repaired Interstates of most places I've been. When you cross the line from MD to PA, you can definitely tell the difference in the roads.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Everything's fine where I live.....

Here's a link to a particularly bad one. http://astrofish.com/earthquake/submit/earthquake320q90af.mov

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Pothole=seasonal navagatable body of water.

~Hill (4x isnt a hobby it's a lifestyle class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit