Give Reasons Why You're Happy That You're No Longer A Witness

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I don't have to pretend to believe in something I never really have. I can associate with people who are true friends and that I have things in common with.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I can be who I really am, and use my abilities. I don't have to choose my words carefully so as to come across as theocratically correct. I can make up my own mind, and choose my own friends. I can help people who are not JWs and never intend to become such... I can vote...even run for office if I choose to.... Freedom is a beautiful thing!!!!

Coffee

• TheOneBuck
    TheOneBuck

Actually there are a lot of superficial reasons why I am happier, but the biggest thing is just having the abality to have true compasation for others. When I was in the organization I never really felt empathy or sorrow as I do that I am out. I have a complete different outlook on people and I am actually touched more and more willing to help others then when I was ever in the org.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

I don't have to accept as "gospel" the pronouncements of a bunch of old men in New York who tell me they "know" what God thinks!

W.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Now I can loot and pillage as much as I want without worrying about the elders counselling me.

Walter

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Saturday and Sunday mornings going to the local "cafe" and eating a leisurely breakfast, sipping coffee and shooting the breeze with my hubbie.

Not having to excuse the behaviour of obnoxious people because they're your "brother" or "sister".

Being "Roadies" for our son's band

Celebrating birthdays!!!

Not having to go door to door and waste precious hours of my life.

Not having to look at an elder

Etc.

Cathy L. It's Good To Be Free

• Es
    Es

I have an amazing life now!!!!! I no longer have to sit in the congo and despise everyone

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I have an amazing life now!!!!! I no longer have to sit in the congo and despise everyone

That's right! We can despise them from the comfort of our own homes! Walter

• Honesty
    Honesty

Donating to worthwhile charities instead of increasing the profits of an apostate 'religious' publishing company. I can worship and pray to Christ as Stepehen did in the account in Acts (You active JW's should look it up in the Kingdom Interlinear Translation). Free at last, Free at last. Thank God Almighty, I am free at last.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I don't have to believe things I don't really believe.

I don't have to shun people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit