Anyone ever beat a speeding ticket (not that I would have one)

by zman 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I once drove straight in a "right turn only" lane and was flagged down by a bicycle cop in shorts.

I called a local law firm that advertises that it can beat tickets and they were able to have the ticket dismissed in court.

To date I have NEVER been found guilty for ANY traffic violation and I have a clean record.

ALWAYS FIGHT A TICKET WITH A LAWYER!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I got a bogus ticket for running a red light too Big Tex, the funny thing is I never ran a red light, I had turned right on red, the cop felt I had not stoped long enough before turning, mind you it was 12:32am and no other cars on the road, but she still nailed me with a ticket. The cop was a female and man was she a b**ch! I went to court paid the fine and got off. My only other infraction was a speeding ticket when I was 19, besides those 2 tickets I do have a clean driving record so I guess that helped me in court.

Dragonlady76

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh, and a little legal advice...

When you are pulled over, NEVER admit that you knew what you did wrong, that is an addition of guilt and can be used against you in court. Just follow the cops instructions, give him your license and any paperwork he asks for and play dumb if he starts asking about the violation itself.

Also, never make a scene or do or say anything that could make you memorable... you want to cop to forget you so that he can't describe any details of the event in court (the judge will dismiss the case if the cop can't even remember the event he is supposed to be testifying about).

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Yeah it's true girls get off much easier, if you are attractive that is. Now that I think about it I did once get out of a ticket for running a red light on a turn, I did run it but not on purpose, there was a semi in front of me and I could not see the signal above him so I just followed him on the turn and the light had already gone red, so I got pulled over. I did my best to smile and bat my naturaly mile long eyelashes while explaining I could not see, so he let me go with a warning.

Dragonlady76

• zman
    zman

Well theres one girl on our side (busted) lol sorry Dragon. My driving record looks like a basketball stat, 10 tickets 3 states for 22 points!!!!!!!! I should be a MVP!

hey Elsewhere, I played dumb its comes real easy for me, "me officer, what did I do???"

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I got pulled over. I did my best to smile and bat my naturaly mile long eyelashes while explaining I could not see, so he let me go with a warning.

lol... I think I'll try that in the future.

*** Starts working on my Mr. Garrison voice imitation ***

Officer, I didn't see the light... how about you Mr. Hat? Did you see the light?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Like hillbilly said. Also, your friend should get his speedo verified. When he claims the speed that he was travelling, the judge may ask him about it.

S

• minimus
    minimus

Catchthis said it right. I've had a number of tickets "fixed". I know law enforcement people........

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I've only gotten pulled over for speeding one time, about 5 years ago. Living in country NJ, driving 57 in a 40 on a county road at 12:30 a.m. I went down a hill and there sat the cop with nothing better to do. At the same time, another cop was passing him from another direction, so the 1st cop asked the second one to pull me over.

This cop was hot, and told me he'd let me go if it wasn't for the first guy actually clocking my speed...so then he said, if I come to court, it'll be reduced to 2 points instead of 4!! So, I got it reduced and it only had to be on my record for one year.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Elsewhere,

Aren't you forgetting about Mr. Twig?

Dragonlady76

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit