Anyone ever beat a speeding ticket (not that I would have one)

by zman 37 Replies latest jw friends

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

Zman, did you show him your ass? You didnt? Ok, thats why you got the ticket. Live and learn Zman, live and learn.

• Mary
    Mary

I've been pulled over a few times for speeding, but I find smiling nicely and yes, flashing the baby-blues at the cop works every time. One time I was late for an appt. and this cop nailed me doing 80 km in a 50 km zone. I did the above, explained I was late for an appt. and he gulped and actually let me off with a warning!

If a female cop pulls you over, you have the right to remain silent and beg her forgiveness.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Zman, Zman, Zman, how many times have I told you to not feed the bears.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yep....back in 1970, I beat several of 'em.......I worked at the county courthouse in the District Clerk's office and my divorce atty was the assistant D.A., soon to be family court judge.....his brother was the judge that ruled in traffic court...I gave 'em to him, at his request...

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Pray for a female judge Zman and bat those baby blues, oh don't forget to wear some tight jeans that show off all those manly bulges.......lol

Dragonlady76

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

If the officer does show up in court you may ask how he determined you were in violation.

At that point, you need to ask if his Radar unit had a current calibration and if the officer had a current operators certificate the day you were cited. Operators and equipment must be current.

If he followed you and paced you with his cruiser, you may ask if this speedometer had a current calibration report. Law Enforcement speeddos are "certified' and have to bet tested on a regular basis.

If those documentaions cannot be verified you may beat the ticket. Plea down to a "non-points" charge if you can.

~Hill

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

I've only had one speeding ticket. I've been driving over 10 years, and it was the only time I ever got pulled over for anything!

I was going 75 in a 55. The transportation cop was not having any sympathy on me...my son was crying in the backseat.."Is mommy going to jail?" :( I was trying to get them to school on time because I usually do not speed when they are in the car. The cop yelled at me for speeding with 3 kids in the car...and I felt bad enough about it already.

I was facing 2 points and $135 dollar fine. I went to court and pleaded guilty. Of course, the cop was there, and the whole docket of over 300 names were all his cases! The cop gave me PBJ (probation before judgement) and lowered the fine to $70 and no points. He said if I got another ticket within a year, then the full fine and points could be reinstated, but I didn't get another one. When he asked me if I wanted to say anything else, I said no. I talked as little as possible, so the cop didn't need to say anything. I didn't care about the fine, but I did not want those points!

I saw several people there who hired lawyers, were going the same speed as me, and they all got the same reduced fine that I did. But...someone lied about whether they had another ticket in the last three years. They said they didn't, but the judge could look up the driving record on his computer. He threw the book at her, and she had a huge fine and points assessed.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I got a bogus ticket 8 years ago for running a red light. It really cheesed me off, I think the cop was trying to fill his quota.

Anyway, they never called me to court. I called the courthouse every week for 6 months and they kept saying a date hadn't been set. Finally I gave up. A couple of years later I called and they STILL hadn't set a date as apparently there were several years of backlog. So I blew it off. It's been 8 years and I never was called or notified.

That's sort of beating a ticket by default I guess.

Chris

• zman
    zman

HAS A GIRL EVER GOT A TICKET! I think we might be on to the biggest conspiracy of our time!!!!!! I could'nt 'get off' with a warning if i was standing on it! "in a hurry son", "mighty fast", "sure was movin wernt ya","need to be somewhere", "you did'nt see me did ya", that last one really pissed me off, I thought "well HELL no I did'nt, DUH!!!!!!"

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, we gotta have some payback for all the hairy-assment we take off you guys!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit