no one ever let their kids die

by jaffacake 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

My soon to be baptised friend has started talking to me since I said I might study with JWs. He tells me some people really believe JWs have let their kids die over the blood issue. I suggested that may have been the case in the past but he says it is all lies. Are there any proven facts about this?

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

oh boy. This is a sad topic (no fault of yours Jaffacake),.

Go here for starters:

http://www.ajwrb.org/

Here is the WT Blood Victims Memorial:

http://www.ajwrb.org/victims/index.shtml

-ithinkisee

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

The cover of the May 22, 1994 Awake! magazine showing photos of 26 children, with the caption: "Youths Who Put God First." Inside the magazine glorifies Witness children who died supporting WTS policy.

(From the same site I previously posted)

-ithinkisee

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Yeah right. Your 'friend' wants you to study with JW's so it sounds like they are willing to say anything to get you in. You probably have no idea how much of a lie what he said is.

GBL

• Valis
  • Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Having worked as a CNM (certified Nurse-Midwife) for the past 18 years in many hospitals, I have seen several babies die due to the blood issue. Especially premature babies who had no other reason but lack of a blood transfusion to lose their life.

It was very frustrating for the neonatalogist or other physicans to try to save a life when the parents were unreasonable about a publishing corporation's policies.

Please look at the website mentioned above (ajwrb.org) it is very informative.

Joy

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/86336/1.ashx

• JAVA
    JAVA

JWs will say about anything in order to hook someone into a so-called Bible Study. This person might not know a JW child that has died from lack of blood, but as can be seen from the links above, many have died from this crazy Watchtower dogma.

• Gadget
    Gadget

2 local examples for you;

About 15 yrs ago a friend of mine from Berwick-upon-Tweed congregation was hit by a fast moving car on a country road as he made his way home from school. It was a 4x4, and he bounced off the bonnet, off the roof of the car, onto the trailer, then down onto the road and left for dead by the driver. He was in intensive care for quite a while, and had lots and lots of operations to save his life. The Drs had to take out a court injunction to force the family to accept a blood transfusion to save his life, he would have died otherwise. Incidently, none of the family involved are now witnesses. I'm back in contact now with his brother who I was good friends with growing up so might be able to get more information on this if you want it.

And about 6-7 years ago there was a sister in Sunderland who died in childbirth after refusing a blood transfusion. It was all over the local papers at the time, perhaps you could find out more by doing a search in the Evening Chronical/Sunderland Echo archives.

• Scully
    Scully

I personally know two children who died, in part, due to this ban on blood transfusions.

Your soon-to-be-baptized friend needs to know this before he GETS baptized. Because once he does, he'll be expected to do the same with his own kids if he has any (now or future).

Love, Scully

• JAVA
    JAVA
    And about 6-7 years ago there was a sister in Sunderland who died in childbirth after refusing a blood transfusion.

I knew a young mother that died during childbirth--she bled to death. That decision cost her her life, and left 3 children without a mother. I understand the doctor was really ticked off, and refuses to accept JW clients.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit