It was surreal. Your impressions of the "Monthly Awake!" service meeting?

by ezekiel3 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Sheep Man!!

I don't know how you do it... I cannot imagine forcing myself to even go to the meetings. You have to have been tempted to blow raspberries during some of the worst parts of the meeting. I can picture it now, urm, maybe not.

What exactly does a sheep look like when blowing raspberries?

J

• Pwned
    Pwned

IP-SEC: do you want to get 'caught'? don't get me wrong, i think what you are doing is brave and admirable just a bit reckless if you are not ready to get outed.

• Flash
    Flash
    Even though there was no mention of the "real reasons" for going to monthly publishing in the KM, ...

I think it's another proof of the atrophying of the Organization. The fruit is withering on the vine.

This, combined with the hardline announcement, "do not circulate or download these [unauthorized kingdom song] recordings from the Internet," made the whole service meeting a bit surreal.

The more they oppress God's people the more they will wake up and leave.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    IP-SEC: do you want to get 'caught'? don't get me wrong, i think what you are doing is brave and admirable just a bit reckless if you are not ready to get outed.

Eh well I chicken'd out. Yes actually part of me wants to be caught, part doesnt. Part of me wants to hang on long enough to see if disfellowshipping will be thrown out with the OD book.

I did say something to the effect that 'what a blessing and how exciting it would be if one day the awake! started to be published quarterly like in some languages' but that was about as brave as I got.

Sorry. I'sa big chicken

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Our service meeting was OK -only read three of the scriptures but a very positive spin was put on it and one brother made a comment that it is only proper that the Society look after and spend our voluntary donations and contributions well

• TheListener
    TheListener

Our meeting was uninteresting. You'd think everyone was sleeping. I thought for sure there would be some sort of electricity in the air over such a big announcement (awake monthly that is). But, we covered the material in a boring way and didn't really discuss it much. There were some comments on how money must have been a part of this decision. It doesn't sound like anyone is connecting the money dots. The changes keep happening due to money but no one seems to wonder why Jah's people don't have enough funds, or why our numbers keep stagnating.

After the meeting I didn't hear anyone even mention the song announcement or the awake announcement. I'm disappointed. I thought at least a little discussion would be interesting. Seems everyone truly is Asleep at the meeitngs.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I loved it that I told my wife about it almost two months ago when it was first mentioned on this site.

I also told her at the same time about the the new OM book coming out this Sunday. I think she assumes I am getting this info from an old Bethelite friend or something.

-ithinkisee

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I was amazed at the comments.

Many commented that this is a sign of the urgency of the times. That the society is preparing us for what is to come.

In other words the dubs are viewing this as indication that the end is just around that corner.

I wanted to puke

wanna

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Jeannie asks: What exactly does a sheep look like when blowing raspberries?

It's best to catch us when we are freshly shorn or you'll get wool in your teeth.

Back on topic:

Listener: You'd think everyone was sleeping... After the meeting I didn't hear anyone even mention the song announcement or the awake announcement.

Yes I agree. The few that know or have suspisions are keeping their mouth shut so as not to discourage. But most are completely zoned. For an exercise, ask a really strong hard-core JW about a certain part on the meeting. They will not remember the details. Oh sure, they will remember the meeting and the occurance, but the subjects discussed are not retained. Meetings are programming sessions in mind-numbing.

So even when a "big deal" comes along, JWs sleep right through. No one is excited anymore.

IP admits: Sorry. I'sa big chicken

Ah, you're killin' me. Well, what was the reaction from your hall? I doubt enthusiam.

Exelder: one brother made a comment that it is only proper that the Society look after and spend our voluntary donations and contributions well

Interesting that an elder in my hall also made a money shot even when nothing was mentioned in the KM about financial reasons. Proves that the somewhat coherant are not completely blind. Most of the "savvy" JWs I talk to accept the KM article as encouraging "spin" (my word).

• mustang
    mustang

Monthly Awake...

Quarterly Awake...

Semi-annual Awake...

Annual Awake...

It's the start of a downhill slide

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit