Call Me Stupid But.... Who Is Ted Jaracz?

by adelmaal 16 Replies latest jw friends

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I keep seeing that name and would love to know who in the heck he is/was...

Was he part of the Governing Body at one time? Is he in CoC? I have only gotten 1/2 way through the book so far...

• Dustin
    Dustin

Absolutely no clue.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I know! What a mystery! I can't even bring myself to enter two words "Ted Jaracz" into Google for a looksie! LOL.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Ted Jaracz is a GB member.

Dragonlady76

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

Teddy is the most influential GB member currently. He is nicknamed "The Boss" in inner circles. If you want to know what kind of personality he has, take a look at the traits of the org. It reflects who he is pretty closely

• toladest
    toladest

He was also accused of sexual abuse by a women that went to the Silent Lambs March. She broke down in front of Bethel crying uncontrollably and said he abused her as a child. It was heart wrenching!

• yesidid
    yesidid
    If you want to know what kind of personality he has, take a look at the traits of the org. It reflects who he is pretty closely

Amen and Amen to that.

He started throwing his weight around in the mid seventies. In the eighties he was THE BOSS even though Henchel was the

president. As truth about the truth said, the harsh organization we see today is a refelection of that one man.

yesidid

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Actually Henschel wasn't boss until the 90's.

No worries though

-ithinkisee

• Voyager
    Voyager

http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/gbgrowsold.htm

http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/gbgrowsold.htm

*******************************************************************************************************

Rumors of Power Play

As yet there is no indication of any form of outright dissent within Bethel or the current leadership, but rumors are that GB member Ted Jaracz is the hard-line boss squelching all reform at present. He is in charge of the organization?s ?storm troopers,? the Service Dept. One dissenter writes:

There is a big philosophical split between the Writing Dept. and the Service Dept. ? liberals versus conservatives. The Writing Dept. (was) headed by GB member Lloyd Barry, who I've heard mixed reviews about. I've been told by people who know him that he's fairly hard-line or fairly soft-line. I suppose it depends on one's point of view. Ted Jaracz heads up the Service Dept. and those who have commented about him are unanimous that he's a hard-line (omitted). The other GB members call him "The Boss" and they aren't just making fun. Barry and Jaracz, and of course their respective departments, have major disagreements about how JWs should behave and how the JW organization should be run. The nasty, hard-line approach of the last 20 years is due almost entirely to Jaracz' dominance.

A couple of weeks ago when I was in New York I took some time and took the Bethel tours. While there I contacted the author of the Creation book. Naturally, I took him to task for the misrepresentations in his book, but was able to keep him talking for 1 1/2 hours. At the end, he told me that he (presumably this reflects the attitude of the Writing Dept. generally) was quite unhappy with how the elders in general don't follow the advice given in The Watchtower. It was surprising that he would admit this but no surprise that the Writing Dept. feels this way. It also shows the great gulf between the liberal and conservative camps, because the elders don't act just on what's in The Watchtower but on what they get from COs and in private letters from the WTS directly to elders. This all comes from the Service Dept. So whenever there are conflicting directions from the Writing Dept. in The Watchtower and from the Service Dept. via the CO and direct letter channels, naturally the elders will follow the privately-given instructions. This is how the elders have ended up with the extreme nastiness and conservatism of Ted Jaracz. The amazing thing is that the Bethel people like this author don't seem to understand this. They seem to think, in the usual JW fashion, that God will fix everything in due time. So this lunatic attitude on the part of the leading WTS "thinkers" filters down to the JW community and sets the tone? In my opinion we're going to see some big cracks open up within 2-3 years after 2000, with increasing unrest until then.

Jaracz, however, is one of the youngest of the GB members. Perhaps before his light fades away his rule will be toppled, much as happened to Knorr in 1975. All it really takes is a change of assignment, a tactic used at Bethel to move people in and out of key positions. Sometimes your greatest danger is from those you work alongside.

• vitty
    vitty

Why do you want to be called stupid????????

No JW knows who he is

He just rules every part of their lives !!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit