Is it getting warm in here or is it just me?

by jeanniebeanz 37 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Lately, it seems to be that people are on edge and are forgetting common courtesy in their posts.

People have told me that they were thinking of un-subscribing or at least taking a long break from the board due to people who take their negative opinion of the subject or opinion being discussed, and turn it into a personal attack.

What is happening here? Any idea why this sudden spike in overbearing rude people posting here? What do you think?

Jeannie

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

its MBPMS........message board pms... it happens at every board regardless of the subject matter.

people go in cycles. and message boards are bad about people following strong people.. if one is ill mannered and rude..theres going to be people that follow that person.. if someone is lovey dovey and very encouraging.. people follow the tone of that person.

thats why in ALL INSTANCES you have to remind yourself of the impersonal nature a message board really is. dont take things personally. try to step back and remember you have the power to shut it off or move on to something else.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Jeannie,

Lately, it seems to be that people are on edge and are forgetting common courtesy in their posts.

People have told me that they were thinking of un-subscribing or at least taking a long break from the board due to people who take their negative opinion of the subject or opinion being discussed, and turn it into a personal attack.

What is happening here? Any idea why this sudden spike in overbearing rude people posting here? What do you think?

Do not worry, it always gets like this just before the Memorial. Satan is trying to sow discord among the faithful .

HS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ah, jeannie, you are just so ... so ... Kidding. I haven't read even half of the topics lately. After a few yrs, i generally skip those w a hot title like 'ooh, i gotta vent', or even some of the political ones that i used to jump into. If you feel yourself getting hot, avoid the hot topics for a while. My opinion.

S

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I dunno, Jeannie. It seems to go in fits and spurts! Maybe you haven't been on here long enough to see the tidal waves hit here every once in a while.

Just hang in there, it will calm down again.

hugs,

Annie

• bisous
    bisous

IMO it doesn't seem any different than usual.

Judging by your post count after a short time being here, maybe you have the opportunity to read more reactions and be exposed to more trends than I am, however,.... sometimes it is good thing to take a break from these boards ... spending an inordinate amount of time can lead to becoming overly attached and taking things personally. Not sure if this applies to you or not, since I don't believe I've had any encounters with you.

I agree with an earlier poster, you have to remember it is just an online gathering space, and the anonymity can lead to people taking more than the usual liberty with *manners*.

I'd rather have less courtesy and more of people being *real* myself. you know, cut to the chase and all...

• Honesty
    Honesty
    try to step back and remember you have the power to shut it off or move on to something else.

I concur with Candily nuts. Sorta like the dubs... shut em off and move on

• minimus
    minimus

Jeannie, things will get better. Hillary will be partaking soon and be back on his meds.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Jeannie, with all due respect when I first joined 3 years ago this board had quite a bit more rude people. In all candor, I was somewhat nervous over posting (and I had been out for 13 years), and frankly I was relieved I was ignored for the first 6 months or so. Things have really calmed down since then.

Realize this board is going to attract people from a weird little religious sect that no one cares about, but has caused tremendous damage to a great many people. Sometimes it also attracts apologists who cannot, or will not, see the truth about The Truth. And then there are those that only want attention, and post lies or copy those who really are struggling with their JW training, only to attract attention.

We're damaged and it is our responsibility to begin the road to recovery, if for no other reason than our own sanity and well being. Recovering from what that sect did is not always pretty, nor is it easy and sometimes that spills out to others.

I'm sorry if people have been rude or mean to you. If there is a problem, please let one of the mods know.

Chris

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Well, being new maybe I just havn't seen the ebb and flow of people. I'll take your word for it that it'll smooth out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit