Is it getting warm in here or is it just me?

by jeanniebeanz 37 Replies latest jw friends

• bisous
    bisous

Golf, Dragon ...

Maybe posters want to throw out their Miss Manner's books, let their hair down and brawl a bit over their opinions. Now THAT is something JWDumbdom never allowed.

As far as insults via PM, while they may not be inspiring...wouldn't those individuals just be following the rules - taking their issue/ difference / insult to PM vs. the general population?

anyway ... the great thing about a board vs. in person interactions is you can click away, you don't have to read the threads that get you upset.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I'm willing to take on any stupid son of a who-er that says things are getting worse here and that people here are rude! C'mon if y'all got any kahoonas!

Kwin

• minimus
    minimus

Ah Ha Ah Ha.....Hillary can't spell semen....All this time I thought that was a cow.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Jeannie, just remember Non Illegitimi Carborundum* and you will be just fine. You are a total sweetie and one of my favorite people here.

*Translation: Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down

• Odrade
    Odrade
    ...All this time I thought that was a cow.

Min, that's cuz you've been posting on a Lappy386. Your "cow" only has 5 pixels. Get out of the stone age!

• seven006
    seven006

If you look at this board as a whole of it's individual parts, I see it as being quite balanced. We need the input from all that are in the various stages of healing and recovery. Without the comments from the various personality types and recovery stages this place would be nothing but a fluff magnet and mutual shoulder crying knitting circle.

We need it all, the fluff, the political driven head butting, the spy Vs spy shenanigans of people like Minimus and HS and the in your face wake up call posts that exposes the depth of brain washing by the JW's and JW fence sitters. This site is a great example of open dialog personal expression. It is the opposite of the cult mentality we left behind us that was extremely one sided where we only experienced elementary level thinking and unquestioned obedience.

If the heat seems a bit offensive then good, it should be. It's much better than the ice cold, narrow minded, never question the authority of the cult leader's pseudo sincerity bullshit. A wake up call is rarely quiet and overly sensitive to your intellectual sleep pattern. It's designed to rattle your brain and wake you up.

Open dialog communication that includes all levels of opinion and discussion styles is essential for intelligent and thought provoking insight. What one sees as offensive, the other may see as in your face reality. When things get too out of hand, it is taken care of fairly quick and as tactfully as possible. What more can a discussion board of this nature ask for?

Just my shy, quiet, hiding in the corner kind'a guy opinion.

Dave

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Bisous,

It is perfectly fine to engage in heated debate and make ones opinion known, but if you have to result to insulting someone personally, just because there veiw is diffirent than yours, that would demonstrate weakness of intellect and insecurity on that person's part. An intelligent person can defend their veiws with good judgement, facts and reason. I can tangle with the best of them, and not resort to such childish behavior.

Once again, There is nothing wrong with debate and disagreement on veiws. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Dragonlady76

• fairchild
    fairchild
    it happens at every board regardless of the subject matter.

Well, I'm no pro, but the above statement is definitely true. Don't worry beanz, you know what they say.. remember the compliments and forget the rude remarks. There's another good point someone made in this thread, it was about the fact that individuals are anonymous on the internet. To me personally, that's not an excuse for being rude, because we never know how our words will affect the person they are directed towards.

Anyway, here Jeanniebeanz, have another wine cooler. *Hands Beanz a case of wine coolers*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit