Living Church of God & the Watchtower

by JAVA 36 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:the guy stood up on the stage for nearly the entire 6 minutes and didn't say a word. He managed to wrap his one leg around the podium--that was interesting.

LOL are you serious? Why was he so messed up? Just nervous?

GBL

• Berean
    Berean

blondie

I beleive the one where the most information I found is at http://home.datawest.net/esn-recovery/artcls/asurviv.htm

• Berean
    Berean

Sorry, I didn't see JAVA's post until after I answered Blondie's question.

• JAVA
    JAVA

GBL -- Yes, it really happened. The poor guy was elderly and had been a JW for years, but never gave talks in the MS. Several pressured him into taking an assignment, and when he got up to the platform, he froze. After a few minutes, I walked up beside him and thanked him for his effort. No one pressured him again about joining the TMS. The guy was smarter than the rest of us--he beat the system of giving talks in the MS. :-)

• Undecided
    Undecided

One of the elders that came by last week, when he gave his first talk, cried, I was the TMSC at the time. One of the remarks he made to my wife was,"Ken held my hand when I came into the truth." I wish I hadn't, although he seems happy to be a JW.

Ken P.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Ken P. -- I think most JWs are "happy" being JWs, until something inside snaps and they start the process of questioning. When that happens, the world around them falls apart and their happiness quickly fades. One can see the stages a Witness goes through when this happens. It reminds me a little of Kubler-Ross' stages of Death and Dying.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Mark Barton's suicide note:

http://massmurder.zyns.com/mark_barton_04.html

"I have come to hate this life and this system of things....I know that Jehovah will take care of all of them in the next life.... If Jehovah is willing, I would like to see all of them again in the resurrection, to have a second chance."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit