The Infallable, Inspired Word of God

by drahcir yarrum 12 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I have often wondered, if the Bible is the infallable word of God and inspired in the minds of men by the mind of God. . . then why is it you can prove or disprove just about anything with it?

These are the sorts of questions that cause problems for organizations that claim to also be God's spokesmen.

• You Know
    You Know

One of the apostles explained that at 2 Peter 3:16, which reads: "In them, however, (Paul's letters) are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unsteady are twisting, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction."

/ You Know

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Nice circular response. You've supported the infallability of the bible with a bible verse that supports it's infallability. Hmmmmm. Let me cogitate on that for a while.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Yup, that is exactly what You Know does. He follows blindly what the Watchtower tells him so he can be hard to understand, and twisting to his destruction.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• JT
    JT

sorta like Firestone Tires reporting on thier own tires as to the wonderful quality and dependabilty they have

you are correct in that the bible creates all kinds of questions that require the beleiever to come up with all kinds of explanations to make it work--

one has to wonder for a book to be the only link to god and over 20 billion folks will either have gods favor or not based on if they can figure out the instructions is sad

one would think that instructions that are that critical to ones life and happiness would not consist of "Riddles" and and "Signs"

can you imagine being told a riddle and if you could not figure it out in time some guy would shoot your wife and kids-

but i understand why folks believe in the bible - it feels a need , but i don't have that need so i can't dog them- they are merely feeling a need and of course the kicker is if you don't have that need then thier god will kill you

you got to love it

almost every single belief system share that common thread

we got the inside track to god and if you don't believe as i my god will kill you

that is the core belief of almost every single belief system on the earth

how sad

james

• You Know
    You Know
    Nice circular response. You've supported the infallability of the bible with a bible verse that supports it's infallability.

That verse doesn't support the Bible's infallibility. It merely shows that portions of the Bible can be difficult to understand and that apostates and others inevitably twist things to support their own ideas. You were wondering why it seemed possible to prove or disprove "just about anything with it." That's why. / You Know

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

During talks and WT studies where the loonies on the writing staff diseminated their drivel about types and antitypes and how the society had it all figured out, I would actually wonder if other people in the hall were buying the explanations. I think the glazed looks on their faces probably indicated that they didn't really give a fecal heap.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Given the society's propensity for tacking into the wind, false prophecies regarding the end of the system of things and countless instances of position changes veiled as new light, one begins to wonder just who the real apostates are.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I could never figure out how the society could equate conventions with trumpet blasts, plagues maybe for those sitting there, but not trumpet warnings.

• JT
    JT

tweetie says

I could never figure out how the society could equate conventions with trumpet blasts, plagues maybe for those sitting there, but not trumpet warnings.

########

in one of the bookstudies in my old hall a sister brought her unbelieving husband and they were in the Rev book and afterwards he approached the elder and questioned him on how in the world would John be writing about a convention in Cedar Point OH

and the elder tried his very best with what the writing staff had given him , but he could not scriptually prove it

and the guy kept asking show me some other material besides WT material that indicates Cedar Point OH

and all the poor elder could do was produce more WT lit-

like i said we have Firestone doing the investigation on why thier tires blew out

james

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit