From door to door, to door, to door.......

by Gill 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

What's the point I ask you? Here in the UK, it's an unavoidable fact that the majority of people are out at work, shopping etc. If you really wanted to speak to people, and felt an urgent duty because the 'end is near' why aren't the JWs in the shopping centres, streets, and generally where the people are?

One things for sure, judging by my mum's reams of Not at Homes, they're not in their homes! But, she continues, with her fellow JWs to call over and over and over at exactly the same time every week at the same empty houses!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I thought you had burst into song 10 then....i was about to shake you out of the fit of dribbles...LMAO

You are so right though...why bother? It just goes to show that the work being done is token work by the majority and for show as opposed to a sincere belief that people need to be saved.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I remember at the meetings they would tell us exactly that...that most people are out, so we were supposed to go where the people were. Hardly anyone did, though. They stuck with the usual door-to-door and RVs when they didn't want to do much and could waste a lot of time driving back and forth.

• Mary
    Mary
    If you really wanted to speak to people, and felt an urgent duty because the 'end is near' why aren't the JWs in the shopping centres, streets, and generally where the people are?

Hey, obviously you haven't been "paying close attention" at the assembly.......we ARE supposed to be going out to the shopping malls, streets, public toilets and hospital delivery rooms to preach seeing as no one's at home Saturday morning. Last assembly, we were told that we should be going out in Service an hour before the Bookstudy so we can get people at home "during the dinner hour". Yes, that's right, forget the fact that people really hate to be bugged by door knockers at supper time, just look at it like "they can't escape! They must answer the door!"

Or if you want to go preaching out at the Mall, here's what you can do to get the ever-important hours in:

Go inside a stall in the public washroom at your local shopping mall and wait for a victim to appear. As soon as you hear them go into their own stall, wait 20 seconds and then dash out of your stall and start preaching to them, maybe by asking if they think mankind will ever be able to solve the problem of diarrhea or constipation. Giggle at their predicament, secure in the knowledge that they can't get away from you and have to pay "close attention" to what you're saying. Ignore their verbal threats by talking louder than them, shouting if necessary. If you think they're getting close to coming out, quickly shove the latest articles of the Botchtower and Awake! magazines under their stall, and offer them a free bathroom bible study. For the truly daring, you might thrust your other outstretched hand under the stall and ask them if they would care to contribute to the world-wide preaching work. Keep it moving back and forth because they may, in their fury, try to stamp on your hand.

When you're pretty sure that they are going to be coming out soon, tell them how much you enjoyed talking to them and prepare to leave. On your way out, flick the bathroom light on and off several times, giving the room a "disco" effect. This will temporarily confuse and/or blind them, giving you a chance to get away.

Head for the nearest coffee shop, waiting 10 minutes and then repeat above performance. Make sure you've got health coverage because you will eventually be caught and will have the living shit beat out of you.

Report each session as a Return Visit.........hehehehehehehehe..........

• Odrade
    Odrade

One morning, while working a new territory, I, in an effort to save myself work, announced "I have an idea. Let's just write down the ones that are HOME!"

After two hours and not one notation on the territory card, we decided to go to the donut shop.

• cindykp
    cindykp

If I had to choose to go where the people are, or not at homes, man I would pick the not at homes. I hated running into people I knew!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    After two hours and not one notation on the territory card, we decided to go to the donut shop.

I would have made a bee line to work with you on the ministry...sounds like fun...did someone mention donuts??!!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Yeah, Before I started my "fade" I had my kids in soccer (yes that evil sport created by Satan himself to steal JW kids away from the FS). I noticed that the whole damn town was at the soccer fields- THAT'S WHERE EVRYONE WAS ON SATURDAY MORNING!!!

I mentioned this to the elders and said why don't we do our preaching there, WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE (and the Society says to) This was met with a swift reply of We preach "door to door" not "at ball fields" followed quickly by " what are you and your kids doing at the soccer fields on saturday morning?"

I told them to kiss my ass! Soccer has taught my kids more than ANY meeting ever could.

u/d (of the formerly unproductive publisher class)

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Mary, I'm glad you weren't my service conductor!

Thanks very much - do you have any more?

W.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

No one is home on the weekdays, because they are all out working, to pay for the large doghouses they live in occasionally.

No one is home on the weekends, because they are out shopping for dogfood.

No one is home but the dogs.

Perhaps JWs could learn to speak Woofish, and witness to the dogs, sharing scriptures from the Book of Mutthew for example, or point out how a debauched lifestyle leads to destruction as in the case of the Caninenites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit