What is it all about? This life.

by dh 24 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Of course I do feel that, it's always on the back of my mind ... I'm just here on this planet alive and as long as I am I can try to enjoy wathever I like ... that's it, I don't see any particular purpose in my reason to existe ... (I could have never been - or just get alive and die the same day ...) Me or another it's a personal journey ...

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    I constantly think about WHY am I here?

you are where you find yourself because the chain of events which lead to your being here cannot be undone and you cannot be anywhere else, so accept it and stop wondering why you are here instead of there and you will find the peace of being.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I think it is about not knowing just what's around the next bend. When I have those, what-the-freak-iz-the-point moments it helps me to look back, did i ever think i'd be where i iz now? would i have had all the learnings along the way? then looking ahead, imagining that i might end up where i never thought i'd be. never know what could happen tomorrow or next week. never know who i could meet, what i could learn, how i could be further changed. try it and see. Look for those enjoyable moments that made you glad you stuck around for the next few day or week or so. Consider reading a lighthearted book called the "Art of Imperfection". We are after all, imperfect, no? Stop trying to be something you are not. Sometimes it helps to turn off the news and stop reading the paper for a few dayz to give my serious mind a break. I am after all, human. I need breaks from the seriousness of it all from time to time. Perhaps we need to be humble enough to Stay Within Scope. Perhaps it is not for us to understand the point. Perhaps that's Gawd's job. Perhaps he laughs at us for trying to make sense of a nonsense world. A wise person recently told me, don't try to *understand*, just be *familiar*. Pesonally, I figure I'll just wait around living, learning and loving, until Gawd or whoever makes an irrefutible point about the point of it all. Niki

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I have some days where I feel my life is completely pointless. But I have much more days in which it feels good to be alive, and happy for various reasons.

Hang in there if this is one of those down days for you, or anyone else responding to this thread.

DY

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Not sure about the meaning of life, but the happiest people seem to be those who put themselves last and make real sacrifices for others. I'm a miserable so and so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit