What is it all about? This life.

by dh 24 Replies latest jw friends

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

a big part of dissatisfactions and suffering arises from false anticipations....

who told you that life had a point? who told you that it required one?

where did you get the idea that your life should be different than what you have actually lived?

we can imagine many possible alternatives to our life, and by comparison our life can seem wrong, flawed...incomplete...

but if you see your life as simply part of the totality of reality doing what it does, then your life has always been, and is still exactly what it must be and should be... and there is no cause for regret.... and while you may not like a fatalistic view of things, the truth is you dont really have much you can do about it...life seems fatal and what is beyond that, no one really knows... but like any interesting game, the enjoyment is in the play... every move seems to be a gamble to some extent, because we have no means of finding the out come of our acts until we do.

• Bas
    Bas

it's not a trip it's an odyssey (is that how you spell it?)

• joelbear
    joelbear

I believe the purpose of life is to enjoy life, all the new feelings and sensations that are available around us.

I also believe we have the responsibility to help others enjoy life also.

• talesin
    talesin

Dustin

Been there, and the song says it well. Thanks. I'll be looking for a link to hear it ...

;)

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I agree with DH on that one.Life does become like that.

• Jez
    Jez

Get the most out of it that you can. Try new things. If you have an idea, try it. Love hard and crazy. Don't regret anything. Look at the positive side of everything. Never let your family go, if it is in your power not to. Be the best at everything you do. Be impulsive. Never think it is too late for anything. Change. Look good. Feel good.

Those are some of the ways I try to live this life. If you are bored, questioning, wondering, then 'your life' is telling you to get moving! Do something different. Do something that you always wanted to. Find a passion worth living for. Don't sit back and wonder or whine...quick...take action rather than waste another minute...make a change and go find your life.

Love Jez

PS..and yes, I think we all have those days where we question. Questioning is a vehicle for expansion.

• willy_think
    willy_think

Life is about the journey as we push our stone up that hill and the pause at the top while the stone roles back down to the bottom, the wind, the sun, the smells of the world, the feel of rain on our faces.

Breath life deeply on the walk back down and in every step. Fuck the gods and fate.

• codeblue
    codeblue

DH:

What you wrote it exactly how I feel about my life. I have felt this way since "fading"....well, even a bit before because I only get to see my children once a year. (I was at least a MOM...but with distance feel like that title has been stripped). I feel I have no identity now.

I constantly think about WHY am I here?

I guess the only thing I can come up with is this:

I try to help others when they go thru painful things in their life. (after all, I have a lot of traumas I have faced since I was a child, and I am living proof that you can get thru them and life can improve). Yeah, some of my friends call me "Dr. Codeblue"...lol

Love your neighbor as yourself. Be kind to everyone...Make someone "smile"....

Those things may seem insignificant to others, but life is about showing love and being loved. If you want love, you have to give it too!!!

CodeBlue

• Sassy
    Sassy

I've gone through moments like that. not often, but at times..

fortunately it passes..

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

For me life is the best party in town. It's about seizing the moment, then turning it upsidedown and shaking the change from its pockets. Its about having a good time and enjoying every experience I come across. Its about what ever you want it to be about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit